How to recover one deleted account from backup to current file

Options
ArtJr
ArtJr Member ✭✭

Mysteriously, deleted a credit card account that I thought I was "hiding" planning not on using again, however, I charged something to the account and when I went to "Unhide" file it was deleted. The account is in a backup file 4 month ago. Thus my question, "Can I just recover that one deleted credit card account from that backup file to current file"?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ArtJr,

What you may be able to do to recover just that one account is backup your current file, next, in the backup that has that account, export that account as a QIF file, then import it into your current file.

By default, the QIF export will want to do all accounts, but you can click the dropdown to select the specific account you want to export.

Make sure to review the file after the import to verify everything is correct and that no balances were changed (if the account you're importing has transfers in it, there's a chance those will impact the balances of the accounts those transfers were to/from on import).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.