Quicken connection to Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) using Alight Solutions

Options

I can't get anyone within Alight Solutions or TSP to identify what I need to add a TSP connection within Quicken. Per TSP, Alight Solutions is the financial institution. However, Quick can't connect and returns: "You need login information from Alight Solutions in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken". Checking on the Sign Up Now link within Quicken simply takes me to the Alight Solutions site and not the logon creation page which I can't find and Alight Solutions isn't assisting. Alight Solutions simply refers me to TSP and TSP refers me to Quicken.

I am following the documentation I found on the TSP; however, it doesn't identify how to get an Alight Solutions logon. I attempted to use my TSP credentials as well as my SSN (per Quicken) without luck - both suffixed with a hyphen and company ID.

Has anyone gotten Quicken to connect to TSP using Alight Solutions? How do I get an Alight Solutions logon?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @schaferjds,

If anyone has been able to successfully connect their Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account through Alight Solutions in Quicken for Windows, they haven't posted about it on the Community recently. Considering that the connection with Alight Solutions is Direct Connect, they may require some form of special credentials or authorization before you'd be able to connect. If you haven't already done so, maybe asking them about how to authorize access to 3rd party apps may help?

There is a TSP connection in Quicken for Mac, however, there is currently a known issue with that connection showing a $0 balance.

I'm sorry I don't have better news!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

Alight Solutions isn't proving any beneficial assistance. I am now reaching out to my financial benefits group for assistance. Thank you.

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    edited March 20
    Options

Since it appears that other Quicken user's have interfaced with Alight Solutions; but maybe not for TSP, can those that did explain how they established an Alight Solutions account/logon credentials. I don't see any links on their web site where I can do this and even asked their customer service via an email. There replied back with an email on how to reset Mint accounts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

I'm sorry to hear they weren't able to provide beneficial assistance. What kind of information is in their email on how to reset Mint accounts? Since Quicken and Mint use the same aggregation service, it is possible that the information may be relevant.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

The issue is that I don't even have an account with Alright Solutions and they along with Quicken and TSP hasn't provided a means to establish an account. Even within Quicken, as part of the set up, there is a command button to establish an Alright Solutions account but it simply takes me to their home web page and I haven't been able to find a link to establish an account. Furthermore, there is a command button to contact Alright Solutions customer support but again, it simply takes me to their home web page. However, I was able to find a link to contact customer support but they didn't provide instructions on how to establish an account. Instead, they refer to resetting the Mint account, and Mint is basically decommission but NerdWallet. Mint and Yodlee connect directly to TSP and doesn't utilize Alright Solutions. Quicken called me yesterday to get my opinion on their recently support and again stated they don't have a Quicken/TSP connection solution. However, I identified the document from their own web sire and they back paddled. There is no why TSP should know how to establish this connection since they would have had to test the solution prior to posting the solution in a document on their web site.

Within Quicken, the command button should take me directly to Alright Solutions account setup process and not simply their home page.

The link ( https://mint.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/login-password/account-recovery-request-mint-account/L7MxL5Vay_US_en_US ) Alright Solutions provided is to recover a Mint account, not Alright Solutions. No help.

• schaferjds
    schaferjds Member ✭✭
    Options

Again, how has Quicken users with an Alight Solutions account established their account creditials?

• Paul Zedeck
    Paul Zedeck Member
    Options

FYSA - Connect With Online Tools

Posting the TSP KBA on this topic in the hopes that TSP, the Vendor (Alright Solutions) and Quicken can get together and solve this problem for us the paying customers. It is truly VERY disappointing if not enraging to be promised as single pane glass to see all of my finances only to have to spend hours if not days fighting to make everything work only to be met with "sorry it doesn't work".

I allowed my Quicken Classic subscription to lapse before because of these very same reasons. I thought I'd give it a go a second time and see if anything has improved. It has not. The ease of use of Quicken Classic is just not there for normal people. I really feel like the software was designed by and for bookkeepers and CPAs.

TSP-Quicken® and creditkarma®

Your Customer ID and PIN for Quicken and creditkarma

Follow the instructions in Quicken and creditkarma to set up and activate online account services for your savings plan account. Here's the information you'll need:

• The Financial Institution for your account is Alight Solutions.
    • When you activate online account services through Quicken or creditkarma, you'll be prompted for a customer ID and PIN:

Customer ID

Enter your user ID, enter a hyphen, and then enter 06437 (this is your company ID).

For example, if your user ID were DoctorClark, your customer ID would look like this: DoctorClark-06437.

PIN

Enter the same password or PIN that you use to log on to this site.

Troubleshooting

Issue

Where to Go

Using Quicken or creditkarma software

Help menu in Quicken or creditkarma

Activating your online account

When you access plan information through Quicken or creditkarma software by entering your customer ID and personal identification number (PIN), you are authorizing the plan to send financial information to Quicken or creditkarma (for example, your plan balance information and transaction details). Beyond the plan's transmission of this data to Quicken or creditkarma, the plan makes no representations or warranties as to the content of Quicken or creditkarma software and takes no responsibility for that software.

Other Online Tools

You can access other online budgeting tools, but connecting with them is a little different process-you won't be prompted for a specific Customer ID or PIN. Just follow the instructions on their websites to set up and activate your online account services. Configure your online account to automatically update with changes to U.S. Government plan balances or activity.

When prompted, use your credentials for this site to connect to your accounts. If you need help connecting accounts, access the online budgeting tool’s website directly for assistance.

• redlegchevy
    redlegchevy Member
    Options

The above instructions are not working.