Flagstar Connectivity problems

Options

In mid-February Flagstar made a bunch of changes to their website and now I cannot get Quicken to connect. (Quicken for Mac/Subscription). Our user name and password did NOT change with Flagstar. But they got a new website and app and made a bunch of updates and the date it stopped working (connecting to Quicken) is the same week they made these updates. How do I fix this? I've tried logging in again and that didn't work. Step by step directions would be most helpful! (see screenshots)

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @S Ward,

To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    10. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    11. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    12. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let us know how it goes

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• S Ward
    S Ward Member
    Options

I went through the steps above and when I did step 11, and tried to sign in using my username and password, it still gave me this error. What should I do now?

• S Ward
    S Ward Member
    Options

Okay, so I figured it out. When you choose the financial institution, do NOT choose the one with the new logo. Choose the one that says "NEW LOGIN" and has the old logo. Doesn't make sense, but that's what worked.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

@S Ward Thanks for the update and for sharing the solution you found as it may help other users experiencing the same issue! Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options

S Ward

This question has been useful for me. I too experienced those issues when Flagstar changed it's website. I use Quicken Classic for Mac on my laptop and Quicken for Windows on my desktop as I am in the process of switching from years of Windows products to all Apple products, so keeping both Quicken files open till the learning curve is finished. I had a lengthy conversation with a Flagstar rep who advised me to do the same process of disconnecting my 3 Flagstar accounts, and adding them as new from the Flagstar drop down menu in Quicken. However he specifically advised that the "Flagstar -New login" choice was an old platform for them and to use the "Flagstar Bank" selection. ?? I have since disconnected the accounts again and added them using "Flagstar Bank- New Login' as they were before the bank's website change so they will download.

My question now is do you encounter the new Two-Step verification code that must be entered to connect to Flagstar when connecting through Quicken? Flagstar bank rep states that should not happen, but it pops up every time I try to do a one-step update. I cannot proceed unless I receive a code from another device that must be entered. This additional step will not allow automatically scheduled updates to work. This happens on both Mac and Windows. Wondering if you have the same issue.

Thanks!