Wells Fargo Transaction Update Problems

Options
Nemo
Nemo Member ✭✭

This past week I've been unable to use Direct Connect to Wells Fargo and update my checking, savings, or credit card accounts there. I've deactivated and reactivated each account in Quicken Classic three times, seemingly successfully, but when I run Update it cycles through without downloading any transactions. I went to Wells Fargo and successfully downloaded QFX files for each account from there, and imported each file into its respective account. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you.

Running Windows Quicken Classic on Windows 11 Home

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Nemo,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Did this issue begin to occur after a recent update?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not experiencing any issues connecting Wells Fargo using OSU via Direct Connect on v55.15. I suggest you start troubleshooting your data file.

• Nemo
    Nemo Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks.

• DaddioRick
    DaddioRick Member
    Options

This post leaves me curious. I am using Quicken classic windows. Bank is WF and credit card is Chase. My related problem is that it often takes 2 sometimes 3 days for quicken to update transactions/data either with Chase or WF. Checking my connections mine is not direct connect but rather express web connect+ unfortunately there is nothing "express" about it. Calling Quicken support they blame Chase for slow clearing/posting of transactions. Chase blames the merchants. I could care less. I want to know where my money is minimum same day. could it be that I would be happier with "Direct Connect" whatever that is. Please help. I miss my Mint that always updated in a matter off hours.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Nemo which connection method are you using for Wells Fargo? When you reconnected did you reconnect with Direct Connect, or did it default your account to EWC+? If you go to your Account List and check under "Transaction Download" you can confirm.

• Nemo
    Nemo Member ✭✭
    Options

I am using Direct Connect. I noticed that it now wants a password entered before connecting to the Wells Fargo accounts. I did not have that requirement before.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 25
    Options

@Nemo - When do you get asked for the password? If it is when you are doing an OSU, you need to enter the password to the Password Vault.

Go to Tools→Password Vault→"Add or Edit Passwords", to add the password.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @DaddioRick

There is no doubt that you will be "happier with Direct Connect". It is a more secure connection and - in my experience is not only more secure but also more reliable. If the Direct Connect type of connection is available, my suggestion is that you use it, for any and all accounts.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.