Quicken Premier lost all receipts

Options
Leewhiz
Leewhiz Member

Several months back I lost all receipts to my Quicken Premier that went back to 2016. And now when I scan in a receipt some times I see a "paper clip" and sometimes I don't. I tried with technical support and that was totally useless for two reasons, language issues and frankly he did have any ideal. That is not the treatment I've had in the past. It truly dishearting to me as I've used Quicken and it's predecessor for probably better than 20 years.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Leewhiz,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Did you happen to have the ticket number handy from when you contacted Support? Was there anything that happened around the same time as this issue started (program update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc)? Did you try restoring a backup from before the problem started to verify if the missing attachments are restored in the newly restored file?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Leewhiz
    Leewhiz Member
    Options

It looks like I asked for assistance on October 30th, 2023 and the ticket number was  10560773. I was totally discussed with the response from the call taker that frankly I started to look for another accounting software supplier. I also changed from my legacy stand alone scanner with a new one to try to resolve the direct scanning and that did not help. I am still using quicken, but to finish off my 2023 tax year I had to scan in receipts and invoices to a pdf file in a folder, then go back to Quicken and open the from file method and copy it back to the file. Ofcourse, that was not a success for me as it took a long time to do that. As it was a while back I don't remember exactly if I attempted a back-up recovery, but I believe I did but was unable to see the old scanned in files. Attached is an image of a recent account as you can see there are random files shown, but most do not. I blocked out items I did not desire to be visible, but not in the "paperclip" which may or may not have data stored there. And for those that do have the paperclip symbol, they seem to also be random because I have not been able to see a pattern as to why or why not I have the indication. Current scanner I am using is an Epson RR-70W in the wireless/bluetooth mode.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the way attachments are integrated with the Quicken file, unless you store copies of the attachments elsewhere on your computer, the only way to get them back is to restore a backup from before the issue started. With how long ago the issue started, it may be a lot of work to get a restored file that has the missing information current; depending on how often you need to access older attachments, it may be simpler to find/restore the backup file and keep it as a reference file rather than trying to bring it current for use as your main file.

The other issue you describe was reported, and according to the ticket (QWIN-22071), should have been fixed. Since you are using the most current version of Quicken and the issue is persisting for you, I recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for assistance since they have access to tools that we on the Community cannot access and they have the ability to escalate the issue if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.