Thrift Savings

Options

I know this has been ask by many for decades, but just want to pile on. I'm not looking to discuss, but just hope that Quicken sees another person who would like to see support for Thrift Savings. Noticed that the "new idea" category isn't selectable, so here it is. I love this product and have been using it for 20+ years, but it might be time to move on.

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24 Answer ✓
    Options

I don't know that is really true. Quicken Mac has it supported. It isn't working at the moment and hasn't been since TSP changed their website (gets a zero balance), but it is supported unlike in Quicken Windows. So, it doesn't seem to me that TSP is the one dragging their feet on this. I would bet it is Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator).

EDIT: and note that it is even in the fidir.txt file for Quicken Windows it is listed but has the wrong information to actually attempt the connection. It has "AccountInfo", but not BANKING.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

At best I would say this is "we don't know", at worse it is really someone along the lines has dropped the ball and won't admit it.

It makes no sense that there is an entry in the fidir.txt file for Quicken Windows that is invalid, or that Quicken Mac can be supported, but Quicken Windows can't.

There is definitely a tendency here to say, "it is the financial institution's fault", when in fact we don't know.

What's more I don't really trust such statements from the moderators either, they have the same "hair trigger"/canned responses.

I'm 99% sure that the moderators have no access to the actual information about this. I'm not sure that anyone at Quicken Inc has access to it. I think that Intuit is the only entity that knows (and TSP), and probably in the case of Intuit probably a very few select individuals, that "maintain the list/contracts".

Since I don't think you can get reliable answers from Quicken Inc, I do suggest people contacting TSP and see if you can get an answer out of them whether the support Quicken Windows.

Signature:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's NOT Quicken's decision as to whether to support TSP.

Its the decision of the TSP Trustees, and they haven't agreed.

Go bug them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24 Answer ✓
    Options

I don't know that is really true. Quicken Mac has it supported. It isn't working at the moment and hasn't been since TSP changed their website (gets a zero balance), but it is supported unlike in Quicken Windows. So, it doesn't seem to me that TSP is the one dragging their feet on this. I would bet it is Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator).

EDIT: and note that it is even in the fidir.txt file for Quicken Windows it is listed but has the wrong information to actually attempt the connection. It has "AccountInfo", but not BANKING.

Signature:
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Except that this is a QWin thread … so it IS TSP's issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

At best I would say this is "we don't know", at worse it is really someone along the lines has dropped the ball and won't admit it.

It makes no sense that there is an entry in the fidir.txt file for Quicken Windows that is invalid, or that Quicken Mac can be supported, but Quicken Windows can't.

There is definitely a tendency here to say, "it is the financial institution's fault", when in fact we don't know.

What's more I don't really trust such statements from the moderators either, they have the same "hair trigger"/canned responses.

I'm 99% sure that the moderators have no access to the actual information about this. I'm not sure that anyone at Quicken Inc has access to it. I think that Intuit is the only entity that knows (and TSP), and probably in the case of Intuit probably a very few select individuals, that "maintain the list/contracts".

Since I don't think you can get reliable answers from Quicken Inc, I do suggest people contacting TSP and see if you can get an answer out of them whether the support Quicken Windows.

Signature:
  • awrightus
    awrightus Member ✭✭
    Options

I think that whole thing about trustees is nonsense. It's been been repeated in forums like this for ages. Other apps support TSP. If Quicken wanted to do it, it would have done it long ago. They would at least be clear about whether they intend to or they can't. I've never seen anything from an actual Quicken or going back to Intuit, say anything about TSP trustees. That's been all from users in forums.

• vrewick
    vrewick Member
    Options

To keep this matter active I would like to add an admittedly repeat comment regarding TSP on mac.  Quicken connects to,  downloads,  displays and appears to link the correct information from TSP to a Quicken account however, the balance shown in Quicken remains "0".  The issue is not with extracting the data from TSP rather it is a problem with integrating that data into Quicken.   It is hard to believe there is not an easy fix for this on Quicken's end.  Certainly this is not an issue that should have remained unresolved since last October.

• awrightus
    awrightus Member ✭✭
    edited April 18
    Options

How did you even get that far? When you search for a financial institution, TSP isn't listed. The TSP website refers to using "Alight" as the provider when configuring Quicken, but I've never gotten anywhere on how to get that to work. I've seen other people talk about Alight in other threads, and seems like everyone is confused on that one.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Mac used to be working and now is broken, but Quicken windows has never worked. For Quicken windows it's impossible to get it set up.

Signature: