No Global Bond showing up in Investing Tab

Options
jtg1951
jtg1951 Member
edited April 28 in Investing (Windows)

In Quicken for Windows when you click on the INVESTING tab then the ALLOCATIONS tab it shows (for me) 0% beside the GLOBAL BOND category. But, I have 10% of my overall portfolio in Vanguard International Bond which is indeed classified as a GLOBAL BOND FUND. Can this be fixed since it is not accurate without including my Vanguard International Bond fund?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The allocation sorting is controlled by the "Security Type" and there is no built-in "Global Bond Fund" security type in Quicken, but you can set up your own Security Types and make Global Bond Fund Security Type and attach it to this Vanguard Fund.

Go to the Security Detail View, click "Edit Details" and click on "Edit Types."

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to Tools > Security List and find the fund in question. Click on the fund name to open the Security Detail view. If the allocation is incorrect, click on Edit details then Define to set the allocation you want. Be sure to un-check the Download asset class information box so that your corrected allocation will stick.

I find that Quicken sometimes downloads incorrect asset class information, or at least information that does not meet my definition of the asset classes. For example, the Vanguard Total International Bond Index fund investor shares VTABX downloads as 58% domestic bonds and 42% cash. This may be because the fund is US dollar hedged so it holds futures contracts on the bonds to remove variations caused by exchange rates.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

@Tom Young The question is about the Investing > Allocations page, which uses the Asset Class information from the Security Details, not the security type.

It is confusing because the Portfolio views have an Asset Class column which lists most mutual funds as "Asset Mixture" as well as an option to group by Security Type, which as you say defaults to Stock, Bond, Mutual Fund, etc., which relates more to the type of information Quicken collects and displays about the security rather than its asset class.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.