Profit and Loss statement for S-Corp

Options

I am trying to run a P&L statement for my accountant to file my taxes. Quicken is not showing all the expenses that are on my ledger?? I need a solution to this problem ASAP. It is only showing total sales and a few expense items???

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do the missing expense categories have an appropriate tax line associated with them?

Do the specific transactions have the proper business tag associated with them?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Expanding upon @q_lurker's comment. For inclusion on that report, Q ONLY recognizes "tax lines" and "business tags".

It doesn't care if an account/category is named "This is a business item, use it as such" … unless one of those conditions are met.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

Even though you are an S Corp (which Quicken doesn't handle) you need to use Schedule C categories.

To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C or E tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C or E: tax line item.

See my screenshot on this one.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.