separate actions in register instead of just a sum

Options

Quicken Premier Classic

Is it possible / can it be added

In a split transaction with multiple actions against same account (example escrow) to have these actions listed separate in the account register instead of a sum.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I assume what you want to do is, for example, pay money into a loan escrow Account using a split transaction from the Account from which the payment is made and have those two line items show up in the escrow Account?

If you assign different tags to the split items they will show up separately in the escrow Account. Without that the split "merges" into one entry into the Account.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options

I assume what you want to do is, for example, pay money into a loan escrow Account using a split transaction from the Account from which the payment is made and have those two line items show up in the escrow Account?

If you assign different tags to the split items they will show up separately in the escrow Account. Without that the split "merges" into one entry into the Account.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While I was paying off my mortgage, I did not break out escrow items in my monthly mortgage payment from Checking. There was only one lump sum item, a transfer to my Offline account, Escrow Withholdings:

When the mortgage company paid property tax or homeowners insurance, I recorded a specific transaction in the escrow account for the actual amount. Whatever the monthly installment withheld by the mortgage company was for tax or insurance never exactly matched the annual payments anyway. So, for budgeting and income tax reporting, the actual payment transactions from the escrow account were used, not the split detail transfers to Escrow from the monthly mortgage payment.

Information about transactions in the mortgage company's own escrow account was taken from their monthly statement and mirrored in Quicken

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI - And I believe the 3rd line has to be only for additional principal so it has to be there even if zero.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29
    Options

It seems that this is no longer true, although it was true for quite a while. Here's my mortgage payment.

And those 3 escrow transfers are recorded separately in my Escrow account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tom Young
    Options

Way back when Quicken introduced that "3rd line" rule for loans (2013?) I thought that was the silliest thing they had ever done and said so, especially because that rule was not really apparent to the Somewhere along the line, fairly recently(?) that rule apparently got dropped, a big improvement.