Fidelity Investments OL-297-A Error

Options
shepali
shepali Member ✭✭

I have been getting this error when trying to update my Fidelity accounts for about a week now. I can logon to the Fidelity website with no issues and other accounts update fine. I also tried to 'add a new account', and I'm also getting an error.

I searched this forum and the web, and I don't see it discussed recently as an ongoing issue.

I have Windows 11 Pro. I have already validated my version (R55.15, Build 27.1), that I have TLS 1.2 checked, and I also signed out of my Quicken account in Quicken then closed and reopened Quicken. No change.

Other ideas?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try again, as suggested. I've had no problems downloading (7 accounts) from Fido … I download from them 6 days a week.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• shepali
    shepali Member ✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

Hmm…I've tried many many times (including 'next' on the screenshot to try again), across many different days….keep getting the same result. And I tried all the items I mentioned….same result.

• shepali
    shepali Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted Chat support, and they told me to start a brand new test file, then try to add the account. That didn't work either….not only for Fidelity, but also none of the banks I tried were working. He said to try again on Monday…but I highly doubt that's going to fix the issue. It makes me think there is maybe something wrong with my settings. Is there any thing else to try other than the TLS 1.2? I don't think I've changed anything lately…but then, you never know when something gets installed in the background….

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    Options

@shepali - I, too, have 7 Fidelity investment accounts. Mine are spread over 2 main data files and 3 test files. All accounts in all files are updating during OSU properly. I even added a Fidelity account in two more test files (no other Fidelity accounts are in these two test files) today and they were added without any errors.

Given that you are experiencing the same issue (and with additional financial institutions) and that there are no similar posts to yours over the past month leads me to agree with you that there might be something with regard to your installation or you computer settings that might be causing the issue.

If you have not already done so, see the Support Article regarding OL-297-A error code: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297 . If you scroll down to near the middle, there are other actions that you can take that might help you resolve the issue. Perhaps the easiest one and one which I would probably try doing first is to reboot your computer.

I would also add that you should confirm that your data file is saved on your local hard drive in a folder that does not sync/backup with a cloud storage site.

Have you tried to sign in as a different user?: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > when prompted, sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW.

Another idea: Maybe there is something amiss with your QWin installation. You could try uninstalling it and then download and install a fresh install file from your online Quicken.com account.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• shepali
    shepali Member ✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac thanks for that additional info. I had already tried those different steps as part of my troubleshooting with no success. Since it doesn't seem like others are having this problem…and it wasn't fixing itself….I called Quicken Tech Support.

It turns out that unbeknownst to me, a virus software called SentinelOne got installed on my computer (long story…but it came with a remote access software my Dad had me install). Quicken Tech Support and I couldn't get it off my computer no matter what we tried….so I called my Dad, and before I even finished explaining my issue….he already knew what had happened. Apparently, SentinelOne and Quicken don't get along. And he didn't mean for it to get installed with what he sent me. But he's the only one that can disable/uninstall it - its an enterprise software meant for employee computers. I'm probably not explaining that right….but you experts probably know what I mean.

Anyway…he hasn't taken it off yet…but we are pretty sure that will fix my issue.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@shepali - Thanks for the update. I'm glad you and your dad got it figured out. Yes, anti-virus/anti-malware softwares can sometimes block legitimate softwares from accessing the Internet. Disabling or uninstalling them can resolve the issue. There should also be some way to whitelist Quicken in SentinelOne which should also resolve the issue. Good luck.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.