Zelle transactions

Options
PatTu
PatTu Member

Periodically when i'm reconciling my Chase bank acct, the opening balance per the quicken rec does not agree with the bank stmt (never mind that the acct was in balance when i did the prior rec). I've narrowed it down to certain ZELLE items.

WHY? Entries that were categorized and reconciled in the register are wiped in the automatic update, which results in my having to choose opening balance adjustment since I don't have time to search for the item(s) that were deleted.

My last opening balance adjustment was 11/17/23, so maybe this problem has been fixed? Please advise.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @PatTu,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is it always the same ZELLE items that are causing this issue? If so, it may be an issue with those specific transactions, in which case, you would want to backup your Quicken file, then delete and recreate the problem transactions.

You mentioned that reconciled transactions are vanishing when you update your accounts. How often is this happening? When did you first notice the issue? Is this happening in only one account? You mentioned that you are doing adjustments because you don't have time to track down the missing transactions. How far off are the reconciles? Is it always the beginning balance that is wrong while the transactions in the reconcile are correct?

Is there anything else happening between reconciles (for instance, are you having to deactivate/reconnect/reset the account for any reason)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.