All transactions are missing, but balances are correct

Options
ktjones
ktjones Member ✭✭

I was having issues with One Step download, and following some of the posted instructions, I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken Classic. When I opened the QDF file, all of my transactions are missing, but the balances updated. Seems to be true of whatever QDF I open.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you get a graphical Dashboard vs the Register of transactions -
    Which brokerage ?

Edit the Accounts Details -
    and look to see if the [x] Complete vs [ ] Simple is marked ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While you're answering @Ps56k2 's question, can you also show us an account register showing the problem, please?
    Capture the entire Quicken window minus the Account Sidebar (you can close it temporarily by pressing the F11 function key (and open it again by pressing F11 when done capturing the image))
    This might show us why you're not seeing transactions.

How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• ktjones
    ktjones Member ✭✭
    Options

Register of transactions. It doesn't matter the type of account (Checking, savings, investment, etc.). The account details are different for the other types.

• ktjones
    ktjones Member ✭✭
    Options

It really looks like a blank register, but the balance (which I didn't show) is right.

Coincidentally, when I logged into Quicken online all the transactions are there….

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    Options

Thanks for the image.
    Take a look at the Filters fields at the top of the register. The filter is currently set to only show transactions dated This Month (i.e., April 2024) … looks to me like you don't have any transactions made in April.

Click the green Reset button or change the filter to "All Dates" and your transactions should reappear.

• ktjones
    ktjones Member ✭✭
    edited April 4
    Options

Reset button hit. I changed the filter back to all dates without any success.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're sure that there really are transactions in this register and they don't show, I can only assume that either there's a problem with your software installation or your Quicken data file has been damaged and needs to be restored from a backup taken before the problem first occurred.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    5. If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• ktjones
    ktjones Member ✭✭
    Options

Well…that sort of worked. The registry entries are back. The super validate seemed to do the trick. However, when I did a one step update, it took forever, and I had errors with the cloud sync. Weirdest part is that now I have a duplicate account for most everything. Before I had one checking account, now I have two. The duplicate seems to have some transactions (newer ones), but they seem to overlap also. I imagine I could consolidate what I needed (Don't know of a way to merge easily), but it seems odd to me.

This discussion has been closed.