Using our subscription on two Mac's.

Options

We have a subscription to Quicken for Mac Deluxe. I sync Quicken to Quicken on the Web. If I load our subscription product to my wife's Mac as well and set it to sync to the same website will changes I make on my Mac appear on her's as well. I keep two files. One for the accounts in my name and one for accounts in my wife's name. I am trying to give her access to all the data from her Mac.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @leojohnson51,

Yes, you can sync Quicken Classic from 2 separate Mac devices/data files to Quicken on the Web.

To switch files after you sign into Quicken on the Web, navigate to the "Profile" on the left side bar (last option on the bottom). It will then show you the name of each data file that is synced to cloud and you can select which file you wish to open (see example below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leojohnson51
    leojohnson51 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options

@leojohnson51 - I think @Quicken Anja's response is different from what you were asking about. Please correct me if I am mistaken about this.

She states that you can have your own Mac data file that you sync with the Web both of which are linked and locked to a single Cloud Account ID. And your wife can have her own Mac data file that she syncs with the Web both of which are linked and locked to a single Cloud Account ID.

Once both of your unique data files are synced with the Web you both will be able to VIEW the other's Web data while logged in on the Web…assuming you both are using the same Quicken ID and PW.

But you should note that you will not be able to link her Web data to your Mac data file. Nor will she be able to link your Web data to her Mac data file. Your Web data is unique to your Mac data file, her Web data is unique to her Mac data file and they cannot be blended or merged together. So the changes you enter into your Mac data file and Web cannot be synced with her Web and data file Mac data file.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)