Version R55.26 pending transactions not working

Options

I'm in Windows, Classic Starter Edition. I accept version R55.26, and I updated the preferences to allow pending transactions. But when I run OSU, it doesn't show pending transactions, even though I know I have pending transactions. I tried exiting Quicken and going back in, but that didn't matter. Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• gordonr
    gordonr Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing. However, I did note that the financial institution has to provide the pending transactions. I'm not sure how long it'll take for things to happen with them.

• gordonr
    gordonr Member ✭✭
    Options

Anyone know if there's a list of participating institutions?

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I posted this in another thread.

Chase supports pending transactions AFAIK (Chase appears in the account list when I select "Account Settings" in the pending transactions preferences window). However, enabling pending transactions in Quicken and performing an OSU doesn't show any even though there is a pending transaction shown in my Chase mobile app. I'm not sure how EWC and EWC+ work but it could be a timing issue. The pending transactions may not show up until tomorrow assuming they are still pending.

Also, this seems strange. When I click on "Pending transactions preferences" it says the feature is currently paused. It could be an oversight in updating Quicken help. Also, does this include credit card accounts? My Discover card uses EWC but doesn't appear in the account list when I select "Account Settings" in the pending transactions preferences window. Perhaps Discover doesn't support pending transactions and the account list only displays accounts that do even though they are using EWC or EWC+.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

from the release notes, the FI has to be EWC or EWC+ AND make the pending transactions available.

My banking is with BofA, and "so far so good"; the pending transactions all download.

I bought something online with my credit card and 10 minutes later I downloaded transactions into Quicken, just to see if this newest transaction would appear in Quicken as "pending" - it did!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do your pending transactions show up in the Account Register or below the Account Register?

I am still running R55.16 and today I noticed the addition of the Preference for pending transactions. Several of my EWC and EWC+ accounts did download pending transaction this morning but the were not entered into the Account Register. Instead, the show up below the Account Register on the Pending Transactions tab. I'm wondering if the addition of pending transactions to the Account Register is something that only R55.26 enables.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm thinking that this is going to take a bit of time to actually start posting pending transactions in all accounts. Like they have to be "new pending transactions" that are being posted from the financial institution.

I have two credit cards with Chase and neither showed any pending transactions after One Step Update. Out of curiosity I reset the accounts. One downloaded pending transactions and the other didn't (even though it is the more active one).

I'm going to give it some more time until I try to call it one way or another.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From what the announcement says it is all Express Web Connect + and Express Web Connect accounts (no Direct Connect or Web Connect/QFX files). For Express Web Connect + I think it is built into the protocol that Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator) uses when connecting to the financial institution. I think we will find that for Express Web Connect it will be much more "iffy", and until someone tries it and finds out there won't be any kind of list.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now that I see this message (and I get it too when I bring up that help) I think you are right we just have to wait a bit.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just got three pending transactions in the other credit card account (out of like 10). These are the most recent three pending transactions, so I think my theory that they get downloaded only as they become new (after turning on pending transaction viewing) is what is going on.

I also think that the help page is out of date and is from the last couple of tries at this. I will also state that I think there is something on your machine blocking the displaying of that webpage.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just got the rest of the pending transactions. I must have caught them while they are doing the update.

Signature:
  • Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Bank of America pending transactions are working fine for my checking and savings accounts.

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac I tried the using the functionality yesterday running r53.32 (which may explain some problems I saw and posted about in another thread). The Pending records showed up in my register, greyed out with no balance entry.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for posting this and confirming that showing pending transactions in the register is not limited to just the current R55.26 version.

I am getting pending transactions showing up in the Pending Transactions tab below the registers but none of them show up in the register so there must be something else at play here.

Here is what I am seeing in the Pending Transactions Preference. Note that the box to check for including them in the register is grayed out and not selectable. It makes me think that while all of my EWC and EWC+ accounts can be set up to show pending transactions below the registers, only some financial institutions (none of mine) currently support including them in the registers. Either that or something is wrong with my installation or data files (I get the same results in all 7 of my data files….no pending transactions for any financial institution are able to be selected for including them in the registers).

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had trouble this morning with the pending transactions reported for my Discover card. It showed I had 5 pending transactions while the Discover website and mobile app show only 3. The reason is 1 transaction was cleared with this morning's download while at the same time showing up in my pending transactions list and the other problem was that a pending transaction was duplicated showing up twice in the list. I proceeded to delete those 2 erroneous pending transactions from the list.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@rpgarrett75703 One of my accounts downloaded 3 pending transactions, twice each, even though they were already finalized, downloaded and reconciled in Q the day before. I'm running r53.32, so that may have had something to do with it. I deleted them and turned off the function for now.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

OK. I got it figured out. In order to get pending transactions to show in the account registers the Preference for Downloaded Transactions needs to be set to Automatically add to banking registers.

• If the pending transactions do not show up in the register, run OSU or Update Now, again, and they will then populate in the register.
    • Note: This means that Quicken will automatically add downloaded transactions to the registers before you can review and approve them. You can review the transactions in the registers but not before they are in the registers.

Once the pending transactions are in the register, the default is that they will not be accounted for in the register balance. If you want them to be accounted for in the register balance: Go to the Preference for Pending Transactions and check the box for Include in current and ending balance.

With the limited amount of pending transactions I have received so far, this new pending transactions feature appears to be working pretty well.

However I do not understand why Automatically add to banking registers needs to be enabled in order for pending transactions to populate the registers. Unless and until this requirement is removed I will not be using this feature in my main data files because I want to be able to review and edit transactions before they are accepted and entered into the register. I will, though, use this feature in a test file.

• pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Like @Boatnmaniac, I prefer to review and sometimes edit transactions manually before accepting. For pending transactions, the only option available in the register tab is to delete them. Whether I do or don't delete them, I cannot reconcile because the bank's online balance differs from Quicken's balance by the pending amount. My bank is DCU and uses EWC. If I could enable the option to 'Include in current & ending balance' (which is grayed out), would I be able to reconcile the account?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@pkeegan -

If I could enable the option to 'Include in current & ending balance' (which is grayed out), would I be able to reconcile the account?

When in my test file I enabled downloaded transactions to be automatically entered into the register, it changed the "Include in current & ending balance" boxes to be checkable. I then checked those boxes. There were 2 pending transactions (Chase credit card) that were downloaded and populated in the account register which did change the register balance accordingly. Reconciling to the Online Balance worked as expected because the pending transactions were excluded in the reconciliation process.

That was only one test but it worked well so that is promising.

• pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Pending transactions have been unstable for me. Earlier this week, one pending transaction was accepted even though it was in pending status at my bank's website. Another pending transaction on the same day was correctly displayed as pending. Today, a new pending transaction was not displayed at all.

• usfmom
    usfmom Member ✭✭
    Options

Windows Deluxe R56.9. I am using direct connect for my checking and I have pending turned off. No pending items are showing up in my register but my balance is off by a pending amount. Before they started screwing with the program, yet again, I was able to omit the current balance label shown at the bottom of the register. It appears in my checking registers only & not in my 2 cc's or savings registers.

Just for clarification, there are no arrows next to online, current, or pending balances at the bottom of the registers.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pending transactions are not supported with Direct Connect. Any problems you are having with the Online Balance are caused by the financial institution not sending the right information (happens way too much, but who can really get them to do the right thing?). If you are having problems with the running balance in the register, then the first thing to check is the Opening Balance (first transaction in the register) is correct. Because of a bug in Quicken it sometimes gets changed. If it isn't that then there is some else wrong with the transactions in your register and you need to do a proper reconcile where you compare what is in Quicken to what your financial institution has.

Signature: