Still have to manually enter Home MOrtgage Amortization

Steavis
Steavis Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Windows Classic - Past year+ it shows the loan amortizing on the graph. However, when I pull up payment details, I still have to enter principal payments for each month.

This worked fine before you guys started doing annual payments. Is this a coincidence?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4

Since you seem to be able to make entries in the loan Register I take it that this is not a "downloading" loan?

If it's not a downloading loan and you've been making monthly payments through your checking Account, then the "principal" part of the split entry - so much interest, so much principal - is a Transfer (Quicken-speak for transactions that move money between balance sheet Accounts) and absolutely should be reducing loan principal. Can you post a picture of what an actual payment (with splits) in the checking Account looks like?

And, how are you making your "correcting" entries? Are you entering it as a transfer between checking and loan Accounts?

"This worked fine before you guys started doing annual payments. Is this a coincidence?"

You're referring to Quicken's movement from 3-year subscriptions to annual subscriptions? That switchover started back in 2018 so over six years ago and has nothing to do with your problem.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steavis Did you use the Loan Wizard to set up your mortgage payment? Doesn't sound like it … and the Loan Wizard would have automated the calculation of the amortization.

And, BTW "Classic" is just a marketing term for ALL current Q products. Which version of Q are you running … and what BUILD of that product? You can do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.