Etrade 2FA doesn't update - have to reset account each time.

Options

Etrade 2FA doesn't work for updating - it only works when setting it up/resetting it. Then it will ask for the 2FA password. Normal updates after you close quicken and go back in and try again, fails. Please fix to ask for 2FA password for those accounts that need them (maybe even add a checkbox so the program will know, be glad to help out by checking the box).

Comments

• jahasty
    jahasty Member
    Options

Also having this problem. Sometimes it asks me for the six digit code from VIP Access and sometimes not. Is there a way to not require the 2FA just to download transactions?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dfatq & @jahasty,

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

When you attempt to run a One Step Update, do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• keverly
    keverly Member ✭✭
    Options

Here's what happens for me. When trying to update Etrade Bank, it will return a CC-503 error. Immediately trying the update again will then have Quicken ask for the VIP code, and update works fine. This happens every single time.
    BTW, the brokerage side works fine, but NEVER asks for the VIP 2Fa code.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

@keverly thank you for adding to this discussion, though I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Have you already tried the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-503?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.