Chase credit card transactions not downloading

Options

Transactions from Chase Sapphire Visa are not downloading. Have reset/deactivated/reactivated the online access and validated and super validated the file. No solution. Just Chase; other banks/credit cards e.g. AmEx work fine.

Quicken classic deluxe for windows 27.1.55.26 on Windows 10.0.19045

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @alocksley,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

To troubleshoot the issue, please backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps from the alert:

1. Go to the account register you're having trouble with
    2. Click the Gear icon in the upper right
    3. Click Update Now
    4. Repeat this process for all of your Chase accounts

If that doesn't show new transactions in the register, then try this:

1. Go to Tools > Account List
    2. Click Edit on your impacted Chase account
    3. On the Online Services tab, click Reset
    4. Follow any prompts to log in, if needed, and then update your accounts again

Finally, if the above steps aren't helpful, you can refresh your financial institution information in Quicken:

1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution drop-down menu.
    3. While pressing CTRL+F3 on your keyboard, click Contact info at the top of the screen. You must do all three at the same time.
    4. Select the financial institution you want to update, and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under current status as needs updating.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Update/Send, enter your financial institution Password, and select OK. Follow any additional instructions. 

If you're still missing transactions after following the steps above, please reach out to us at Customer Care so we can investigate further.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595111)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• alocksley
    alocksley Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried all 3, still no joy. Will await a fix. Thanks for responding so quickly!

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Following. Have had chase issues for a couple of weeks :(

• Unhappy Pappy
    Unhappy Pappy Member
    Options

Some Chase Credit Card transactions not being downloaded

Spoke with Support and they said the “One Step Update” process takes all transactions the “Bank (Chase bank – all 3 credit cards)” provides.

After 1 hour and 30 minutes on the phone trying various things the Support person created a trouble problem ticket # 10973861. He did not know how long it would take to the escalation team to fix the problem and get back with me.

If you know of a solution please post it here. If you have the same problem, please call support and complain. If other customers test their transactions and report a problem the Ticket(s) will get more priority.

Background I found a stack of old receipts 2023 thru 2024 and tried to look them up in my quicken data to see if I had categorized them correctly. There were 10 receipts that the “One Step Update” did not record. Let’s call that a 10% failure rate. Since I don’t have all my receipts, I have know way of knowing how many are missing.

I do not believe the statement “the “One Step Update” process takes all transactions the Bank provides” is correct.

I was able to see all the transactions on my credit card statements, they were all included in my CSV download and QFX download. So, I know they exist in the Chase system.

The support person suggested that I add them manually, problem is I do not know how many are missing. It would take days.

Problem with the QFX download/import is that any transactions where I had added information in the Memo field were Duplicated I had 100's of duplicates in the time period we tested, it would take days to reconcile.

I am a “One Step Update” customer (update and forget it) and I count on Quicken to get it right. I am not willing to spend days reconciling old transactions and any new transactions that may not get picked up😕.

I am a retired IT person with 45 years of experience programing computers. They have a problem and need to fix it.

• alocksley
    alocksley Member ✭✭
    Options

Agree with Unhappy. Seems that since "one step update" was installed there are frequent issues esp with Chase. Just noticed that this morning the download of transactions from Citibank missed one as well.

The current connectivity is not working, besides the fact that it takes forever for the download processing to complete. Quicken should admit its mistake and return to the old way of downloading.

Still awaiting an answer to why the Chase download produces no result.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just wanted to weigh in as I had commented above.

My issues were resolved yesterday, after deactivating all of my Chase account (2 checking, 3 credit cards, 1 mortgage) and reconnecting with check. Deactivated and reactivated all accounts at once, then reconnected and all went fine. *Note Chase in previous attempts had changed my beginning balances on two of my credit cards, but that did not happen yesterday morning 4/10/2024 (This fix was recommended to me by a Quicken technician on another issue string here a couple of days ago.)

Not sure if that will help you, but I was having various reconciliation, transaction download problems until yesterday, and all is well now. One caveat, I don't think I was ever missing any transactions. I have checked my reports against excel budgeting spreadsheets I made in January 2024 and they match.

Also, I have not had any slow download issues. That has happened to me at various point in my 26 year Quicken history, but it is not happening now. (My laptop is new-ish)

(FYI, I subscribe to Quicken PC version, and use One Step Update and the "Express Web Connect+" method for Chase)

• alocksley
    alocksley Member ✭✭
    Options

Deactivating and reactivating is such a common solution that it's the first thing I try and, as usual, it made no difference. It said it connected to all my accounts, also said it download transactions, but none were present in the ledger.

IMO this deactivate-reactivate shouldn't be necessary if the connection between quicken and the bank was reliable in the first place.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I hear ya! I rolled my eyes when I got the message to do this, as I had tried it a few days ago and I was certain it wasn’t going to work. But alas, it really did work yesterday. Buy maybe my issues were different.

Also, just wondering what you meant by “… when One Step Update” was installed”? I have been using One Step Update for many years. Maybe I am just misunderstanding something, Hope you get this resolved!

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, keeps happening to me as well. I doubt that there will be a resolution any time soon since this has been ongoing since what, November, 2023? If I had the email of the CEO of Quicken I'd suggest that all of us with issues email him and let him know, but I doubt it's going to be fixed any time soon. Quicken would rather introduce new features instead of fixing the ones that have been broken for a while. And it's not worth wasting 2 hours on the phone for the $6 credit (IMO, any longer) for the subscription credit.

• gail.l.hill
    gail.l.hill Member
    Options

I can't download from Chase credit card. Why does Quicken keep costing more and getting worse?

• gail.l.hill
    gail.l.hill Member
    Options

What does "reconnecting with check" mean? Do you mean with one of your checking accounts? Huh???

• alocksley
    alocksley Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, it's working now. I did nothing since the last time it didn't work. Have no clue, except to say that whatever connectivity is being used isn't working reliably, and should be reevaluated.

• Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree with Gail Hill. Quicken keeps getting more expensive and getting worse. If there were a competitor out there worth anything, they would be out of business.

• gbronc
    gbronc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. One Chase credit card account works fine downloading credit card transactions. Other Chase credit card account looks like it works fine and nothing shows up as downloaded or in register. Apparently been going on since about April 11. As everyone else did, I Reset and re-setup download and it made no difference, which usually works. My temporary solution was to download QFX file from Chase directly and import like the very old days.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just wondering when the last time you reconciled/downloaded? Maybe now that you downloaded the “older” stuff, try a reset again? Just spitballing here, cause the reset of ALL of my accounts at once worked for me, but I download and reconcile daily, so don’t have much older stuff. Everythign works fine for me now, and I have 7 Chase accounts.

• hughstev
    hughstev Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same problem since April 10. One chase account downloads but not the other. Tried all the suggested fixes but no change.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@hughstev I would call support because mine has been fixed for a week or two (7 Chase accts, ckg, svgs, cc’s, mortgage) and it was messed up for a few weeks :(

*Quicken subscription for PC

• gbronc
    gbronc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Of my 4 credit cards on Chase on my wife's account, at least one is not downloading into Quicken. Done all the usual "Deactivate and Reset" Online access that I've done hundreds of times over the years to fix various Quicken download issues and even did a repair on Quicken, but one of the accounts will not download transactions from April. The others seem fine. This is clearly working intermittently for some people, for some accounts. Not consistent. Workaround is to download QFX file directly from Chase.

Not getting the sense from this thread that Quicken is even looking into this.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @gbronc,

As you can see in my earlier post, this is a known issue:

If you have followed all the troubleshooting steps from the Community Alert (linked in the quoted post), then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools that we on the Community cannot access, and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.