CC-800 errors when linking multiple accts for 2 Schwab logins

Options
TheWilsons
TheWilsons Member ✭✭✭

My wife and I each have Schwab logins for multiple IRAs each. This has worked many years with all of them linked and updating via One Step. The problem started a few days ago when updating linked accts after one was closed. Now after I link all of my accts I get the CC-800 error for all of my wife's accts. And when I relink all of my wife's accrs I get the CC-800 error for all of my accts. I'm not sure what changed, but hopefully it is still possible to maintain 2 separate Schwab logins.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TheWilsons,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide additional information. Are you and your wife authorized users on each-other's accounts? When you go through the authorization process and are on the Add/Link screen in Quicken, do you see all accounts (both yours and hers), or do you just see one set of accounts (yours or hers, depending on which User ID you're connecting)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TheWilsons
    TheWilsons Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Quicken Kristina,

When I login with my password I see my IRA accts and vise versa for my wife's password. There is one Joint Brokerage acct that shows up on both. When setting up the accts in Quicken I link my accts and the joint acct to my PW and my wife's accts (but not the joint acct) to her PW. This has worked for many years. Now when I setup the accts I get the CC-800 error for all of my wife's accts… and vise versa when I setup my wife's accts. I will try restoring a backup from before the recent SW update to get a screenshot of how the One Step Update Summary looked with two entries for Schwab.

Let me know if there is something else that will help troubleshoot the problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

From your description of the issue, it sounds like you have two separate User IDs/passwords with Schwab that are fighting over the authorization token to be able to download into Quicken. I have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

• TheWilsons
    TheWilsons Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, that is exactly the problem. Here's an update… I currently have all the accts working… although some received errant "MiscExp" transactions when reconnected (more on that below). Here are the steps taken to get it working… First, I deactivated downloads for all of the Schwab accts (both mine and my wife's) and also took the additional step to delete the Financial Institution name on the Acct Details for all of the accts. Second, I linked all of my wife's accts with Schwab for downloads. Third, I linked all of my accts for downloads… this time I did not get the CC-800 error.

During the linking process I answered the question about tracking method for Complete (positions and transactions); however, after the accts were setup they were all in the Simple (positions only) setting. Somehow this seems to be when the extra MiscExp transactions were added to make the cash balances match the online amts. I had to switch each back to Complete Tracking. So, although it seems all the accts are linked… now I'm working to manually add some recent transactions and get rid of the errant MiscExp transactions to get everything back in sync.

Probably unrelated to the Schwab acct issues, I also have two credit card accts with some jumbled up transactions (missing, duplicated, changed dates, etc) that seems to have occurred after the most recent SW update to R55.26. Thankfully, I have a earlier download of transactions in Excel for comparison to repair the problems.

I'll let you know if I run into more issues when I link some new Schwab accts I will be setting up fairly soon. Hopefully it will go smoother based on what I've learned with this experience.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you got it working, and thank you for sharing the steps you used!

It is strange that the accounts added with Simple tracking after you selected Complete. Just to confirm, in your Quicken, when you go to Edit>Preferences>Investments, is "Default to Simple Investing for new accounts" selected?

Which financial institution(s) are the credit card accounts that got jumbled connected to? Were they recently reset, migrated to Express Web Connect+, or reconnected?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• TheWilsons
    TheWilsons Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, "Default to Simple Investing for new accounts" was selected. I don't know when or how that got set. I have removed that check mark. Thanks for letting me know about that setting.

The two credit cards accts that got jumbled are with BCU (Baxter Credit Union) and Citibank. Neither had been recently reset, reconnected, or migrated to Express Web Connect+. BCU is using Express Web Connect and Citibank is using Direct Connect.

With much time and effort I have cleaned up all the jumbled transactions.

Thanks for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issues are resolved.

If the issues come back or you need assistance with something else, feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina