Associated Bank 401k Download/Setup Issue

Options
abradley
abradley Member ✭✭

I changed employers and my new employers uses Associated Bank for their 401k administrator. I am trying to download my recent transactions to setup the account. I am able to download but when the transactions are processing, I am getting an error message - Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download.

Has anyone been able to setup/download transactions from Associated Bank 401k?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @abradley,

When you say you're trying to download recent transactions to setup the account, do you mean you're downloading a QFX file from the financial institution website, then trying to import it into your Quicken file? If that is what's happening, this article on Web Connect troubleshooting may be helpful.

If that is not what is happening, could you please provide more detail? What process are you following and at what point in the process are you getting roadblocked by the error message?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• abradley
    abradley Member ✭✭
    Options

That isn't helping. I think it is the information within the file. Do you have a list of financial institution information - FI-ORG, FID, FI-INTU.BID, etc?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The troubleshooting in this article may help, since it is troubleshooting for the specific error you mentioned in your earlier post.

However, it is also possible that the account type is not supported by the financial institution. I can see we have 3 connection options for Associated Bank: Associated Bank, Associated Bank - Business Credit, and Associated Bank - HSA Login. None of those connection options list Investments or 401k as a supported account type.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• abradley
    abradley Member ✭✭
    Options

The reason the troubleshooting won't work, it is written as if previous files processed and the account has been setup. There is nothing in that troubleshooting if this is the first download when Quicken will allow you to setup the account or map it to a previously setup account.

The account types are Express Web Connect. Associated Bank's retirement is setup as a web connect. When I am in my retirement website, I do use their "Quicken" button to create the QFX file. So, it should be supported.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The most likely cause of the issue is something in the formatting of that QFX file is not configured correctly for Quicken. If that is the case, you would need to contact the financial institution for assistance with the issue.

To check for any Quicken file specific issues that may cause the issue, I suggest that you backup your Quicken file, then try creating a brand new "test" file and see if you can successfully import into that new file. If it imports correctly and without errors into the test file, then you'll know that it is a Quicken file specific issue. If you encounter the same issue in the test file, then it would be a problem with the QFX file from the financial institution. Once you're done with the test file, you can switch back to your main file (for directions on switching between Quicken files, click this link and scroll to the How to alternate between multiple files section).

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina