WF Advisors activating downloads

Options

I'm having trouble getting WF Advisors to connect to quicken. I saw in another post that is now closed that he was able to switch from "web connect" to "direct connect" to solve the problem. In past versions of Quicken Home and Business, I was able to do that but in the latest version it doesn't appear to be an option. Any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jeff Peltier,

I suggest deactivating all accounts with Wells Fargo Advisors and then reactivating using the desired connection method. It is suggested that you save a backup before proceeding (just in case)

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Search for Wells Fargo Advisors, then click continue, then choose advanced options in the bottom left corner.
    9. Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    10. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.