Downloaded Credit Card Transaction Stuck In Quicken Online Center

Options

I have a downloaded credit card record that is stuck in the online center and when I try to click on 'compare to register' button to clear it, the application cannot find the record even though it does exist in the register. I have seen from previous posts that this is a significant issue that many other users have experienced and the resolution steps were to perform a file validation, super validation, and then to mark/unmark the 'Automatically Add To Banking Registers' option in the 'Downloaded Transactions' section under the 'Preferences' section. None of these steps worked and the 'phantom' record remains stuck and is preventing me from resetting the account with the Chase credit card company. This has now prevented me from receiving any more updates from Chase b/c they are asking me to reset the account. This has been going on for almost six months and I need serious help from Quicken support on this issue. At this point, I believe I need some sort of utility to 'force remove' this phantom record from the database.

Comments

• matthew.stultz
    matthew.stultz Member ✭✭
    Options

It is literally unbelievable that I posted this comment on the Quicken Community Homepage and not one employee from Quicken in Customer Support has responded. Is this what all long time Quicken customers can expect going forward? This is embarrassing for your company and the CEO, Eric Dunn should be completely embarrassed at what has happened to his company (he was the fourth employee folks). This is not just going away. As Quicken users (many of us over 25 years) we have a responsibility to hold lousy customer service accountable. I look forward to someone from Quicken reaching out to me.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @matthew.stultz,

The Community is a forum where users help each other, and there are a handful of moderators like myself who can do some troubleshooting with you. Posts on the Community are not the same as contacting Quicken Support. If you need faster service, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

That said, looking at the issue you described, it is most likely a file specific problem. You've already done the first troubleshooting steps for that (Validate/Super Validate). The next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started. However, since you mentioned this has been going on for six months, that may be a sub-optimal solution (many financial institutions make only the most recent 90 days available for download, so you may end up with a gap in your data).

I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates. Note: Unless you believe that older transactions are the cause of the issue you're encountering, there is no need to shrink your file.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc. if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @matthew.stultz,

I haven't heard back from you. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.