How do I change my Quicken email ID

Options
Kurt
Kurt Member ✭✭

I need to change my email address and hence my Quicken ID. The research that I have done indicates that all I should have to do to change my Quicken ID is to logon to Quicken and go to Edit/Preferences/Quicken ID & Cloud accounts, use the “Profile Update link” to change my email address, and then use the “Sign in as a different user” to sign out of my old Quicken ID and sign in as my new Quicken user id. Is this the correct procedure? Also, it appears that the Quicken profile is maintained in the QDF file and therefore I have to do this for every data file used by my old Quicken ID. Is this true? Any gotchas in this process?

US Quicken Windows subscription R55.15 - Windows 10 Home.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Kurt,

I suggest reviewing this support article for further assistance as it lists specific instructions to change your Quicken ID.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Kurt
    Kurt Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply @Quicken Jasmine. However the support article you provided a link for does not mention that after updating the profile a user must “Sign in as a different user”. Isn’t that necessary? Also, I would like to know if this must be done for every Quicken data file that one wants to change the Quicken ID.