How do I print the last bank reconciliation?

Options

I go to report, but there is nothing there about banking or reconciliation?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reports > Banking > Reconciliation

Make sure that the Account for which you want to print the reconciliation is open.

• DawgBabe
    DawgBabe Member
    Options

Ok, I go to reports and all it shows is: spending, net income & income vs expenses. Shows nothing about banking.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're not seeing this?:

I would expect that ANY version of Quicken, all the way from Starter to Business & Personal to have that "Banking" option.

• DawgBabe
    DawgBabe Member
    Options

No,

I am not seeing this. This is the online version; maybe that makes the difference. I have Quicken Classic.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the online version

And that's the problem. The "online version", Quicken on the Web is a Companion app to Quicken for Windows or Mac. It does not contain all the bells and whistles of the "Classic Quicken".
    To get the Reconciliation Report open your Quicken for Windows program on your PC, sync your data file and then run the report from there, either immediately after Reconciliation completes and offers you the Print option or from the aforementioned Reports / Banking Menu.

• DawgBabe
    DawgBabe Member
    Options

That is all I could get this year. The accountant's copy of QuickBooks desktop is no longer available, so I had to get this version. I do not like the online version of anything.

Ok, I'll try that this evening when I get to my computer.

Thank you,

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And we are talking about Quicken and not QuickBooks, right? They entirely different.

Did your accountant have the copy of the Quicken desktop software any you accessed your data using Quicken on the Web?

If you or your accountant still has the .QDF file that contains your data for the desktop software, you should be able to install the desktop software and access that file. You will also need to know the Quicken ID and password for that file.

QWin Premier subscription
  • DawgBabe
    DawgBabe Member
    Options

I am talking about Quicken. Once I get home, it should be on my desktop and not online. I will try to see if I can print it from what you gave me earlier.

• DawgBabe
    DawgBabe Member
    Options

Ok, I can't believe its this hard. How do I do a back up online so that I can restore it to desktop

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The online "Quicken on the Web" does not have a complete copy of your data. The only place where that resides is in the desktop .QDF file or a backup of that file made from the desktop software.

If your accountant was running the desktop software, you will have to get a copy of the QDF file or a backup of that file (suffix QDF-BACKUP) in order to access it from your copy of the desktop software.

QWin Premier subscription