It is doing it again - Quicken asking me to sign in when I want to access my password vault?

Options

I had this problem back in November 2023 and Anja responded with a cumbersome solution. It is happening again and I really do not want to go through that solution because it is a PIA and, obviously, it is only a temporary fix. How about someone fixing the problem? The thread back in November has been closed, but I did see that others added the fact that they had the same problem to that thread.

This was my original post, same problem now: Normally when I click on one step update the "Enter Vault Password" box comes up and I enter my password an off I go. Lately Quicken is asking me for my Quicken account ID and Password BEFORE it will let me enter my vault password. How come?

Thank you,

Bobbo

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Bobbo,

If the instructions I provided previously fail to resolve the issue for you this time, then we would advise that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja

"the instructions I provided previously"

So what are those instructions so that I can try them?

Thanks

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

About every other time I try to do the One Step Update it wants my Quicken ID Password instead of my vault password (which is 9 characters and easily memorized). My Quicken is 12 random upper & lower case letters, symbols & numbers and won't allow auto enter or copy & paste from my LastPass so I have to enter it manually after going to LastPass and writing it down. Seems like this just started doing this in the past month.