the colored accounts bar and home/spending/investments tab headers often disappear randomly

Options
questionsforever
questionsforever Member ✭✭✭✭

They just disappear! even if it is clicked to show 'standard menus'.

To get them back you have to click 'classic menus' and then immediately click 'standard menus' again for this coloured bar to re-appear. A bug no doubt.

Also the bug with the dpi and the foreign exchange rate for transaction exchange rate not sticking even when updating each transaction still there.

We need a new version that fixes all 3 bugs.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @questionsforever,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue with the colored bar and the headers disappearing randomly? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when this issue started? Do you use the Large Fonts feature? Do you keep your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive, or is it on a shared/network drive? Is your file synced with any cloud service, such as OneDrive, iCloud, or Dropbox?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• questionsforever
    Options

It's been a few months, but I think I noticed it for a year or so. All versions, now I use R55.15. I do use large fonts. yes quicken files are on local drive. no it is not synced.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It's possible that this is a file specific issue, but it may also be an issue with the Large Fonts feature. To test this, could you please turn off large fonts and see if the issue persists? If turning off large fonts does seem to resolve the issue, please let me know which screen resolution you use.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• questionsforever
    Options

If I do not use large fonts, is there a way to make all the fonts larger some other way via windows or a command line switch?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Depending on which version of Windows you use, there should be a built in zoom or magnification feature. I believe in Windows 10 and 11, you can magnify the screen with Windows key + plus sign (+) and reduce the magnification with Windows key + minus sign (-). Microsoft Support provides additional information on how the Magnifier works and what keyboard shortcuts to use.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina