One Step Update Not Updating Wife's Chase Bank Credit Card

Options

Quicken Classic Version: R55.26

My wife and I have a joint checking and joint savings at Chase Bank. Additionally, we each have our own separate Chase credit card accounts (not joint) and my wife has her own separate Savings account (not joint). My wife has her own log-in and password for Chase as do I.

When doing One Step Update, my wife's personal Savings Account will update, but her Credit Card will not. If I do a Reset on her account, I'm taken to a Chase log-in screen where I enter her log-in credentials. The reset proceeds, but then I get an error that my Chase credit card was not found and should be deleted from Quicken. If I reset my Chase credit card account, I get an error that my wife's Chase credit card account was not found and should be deleted from Quicken. However, my wife's personal Savings Account, which I do not have access to with my log-in credentials, continues to update normally even if her credit card does not.

This is a problem, that has only popped up in the last few months. Prior to that all of our accounts updated normally.

Attached is a screen shot of my Quicken account list showing that my wife's Chase credit card is not being updated.

Please advise!

Best Answer

• WayneW
    WayneW Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLVED!

This morning, I deactivated online services for my wife's accounts and then reactivated them. All the accounts were linked to and it didn't unlink my credit card account. Problem solved!

Thanks!🤗

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @WayneW,

To clarify the issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Are your wife's credit card login credentials different from the personal savings account login credentials? Is your credit card under completely separate login credentials from your wife's card? Are any of these accounts connected in a different Quicken file? When you are going through the process to authorize/link the account, are any other accounts being seen in the Add/Link window (sample image below)?

If other accounts are being seen, are you making sure that they show "Don't add to Quicken" in the action column?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• WayneW
    WayneW Member
    Options

When did you first notice this issue? It’s been going on for a couple of months.

Are your wife's credit card login credentials different from the personal savings account login credentials? No, she has 1 log-on for accessing our joint accounts and her own personal savings and credit card.

Is your credit card under completely separate login credentials from your wife's card? Yes. With my log-on I see our joint accounts and my credit card account.

Are any of these accounts connected in a different Quicken file? No

When you are going through the process to authorize/link the account, are any other accounts being seen in the Add/Link window? Yes. Quicken either has the “Don’t add to Quicken” or the “Link to existing account” options. If “Link to existing account” is available, I link the accounts to their corresponding accounts in Quicken.

Thanks!

• WayneW
    WayneW Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLVED!

This morning, I deactivated online services for my wife's accounts and then reactivated them. All the accounts were linked to and it didn't unlink my credit card account. Problem solved!

Thanks!🤗

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get everything connected and working.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• WayneW
    WayneW Member
    Options

Thank you!