Chase - old Zelle duplicated and transactions moved from Chase to diff bank account

Options
TF
TF Member ✭✭✭

I noticed my Chase account was negative a few days ago. And it turned out a few old Zelle transactions was added to my register going back a few years. Because I reconcile the account I could see the new transactions and deleted them. So that was good for a few days.

Today I noticed my Chase balance was messed up again. Then I saw old transactions going back 2019 was messed up and one transaction was moved to a different bank account altogether.

Anyone else experiencing any errors on their Chase banking register. I may just turn off update for this Chase account for now.

Tagged:

Comments

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just to add that this happened after an update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TF,

To clarify, when you say this happened after an update, do you mean after you ran One Step Update to update your accounts, or do you mean after a program update?

Is this issue happening in only one account, or are you seeing this problem in multiple accounts? Were the Zelle transactions duplicates of transactions already in the register? Did they download only once, or is this happening repeatedly? How were the older transactions messed up (duplicated, missing, changed, etc.)? With the transaction that moved to another account, was that account also with Chase? Is it an account that's connected for download during One Step Update, or is it a manual account?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

This happened after one step update. I have been on Windows 54.16 version for a few months now. These are dup transactions that were already in the register and reconciled. It happened once. about 4-5 dup transactions were added going back a few years. I just deleted them. The Chase account transaction was moved to my Capital One account messing up the balances on both accounts. This happened once also. I save my Quicken files every few days and just restored to the prev file. The Chase account affected was a rarely used account and I have taken that account offline for now.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Was that Chase account recently reset or reconnected? Normally, Quicken is able to detect if a transaction has already downloaded, but resetting or reconnecting an account can sometimes cause duplicates to download, especially if the Downloaded ID doesn't match the original transactions.

You mentioned that you restored from a recent backup. Did you disconnect that Chase account because it was still doing the same thing, or did you disconnect it to deny it the opportunity?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That account was dormant and had min activity. The last time I reset was when Quicken and Chase did something a while back. I disconnected that account from Chase because I didn't want to risk it doing the same thing and that account is dormant so I would rather enter the entries manually for now. I may try again in the future. All other accounts are working fine including our Chase credit card accounts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the other accounts are working properly. If you do decide to reconnect the problem account and the issue returns, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Feel free to reach back out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Turns out this problem popped up today or yesterday in my Chase credit card accounts. I have several Chase credit cards. And 2 of my autopayments(from 2 other Chase cards) linked to a bank account popped up also in another Chase card. I am not sure what is going on. I may have to disconnect and reconnect my Chase accounts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update,

If deactivating and reconnecting doesn't work and you want to do more troubleshooting, please let me know.

Quicken Kristina