System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Update TD Bank connection to EWC+

Comments

• judgedcm
    judgedcm Member ✭✭
    Options

I have several TD Bank accounts. 2 download to one file, others download to a separate file and others are not kept in Quicken at all. Since the recent change over, I have to reauthorize each time I want to download data. I have tried requesting authority for only those accounts associated with a particular Quicken file, and then tried requesting authority for all accounts but only adding the accounts associated with the particular Quicken file. What is the fix for this?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @judgedcm,

To clarify, is this an issue where authorizing in one file deauthorizes the other file? Are you getting any error messages for your TD accounts when switching between files (typically a CC-800)?

If that isn't what's happening, then that may mean that Quicken thinks you still have one or more TD accounts connected by the old connection method. When you get the reauthorization prompt, it should list the account name(s) that it thinks is still on the old connection (see sample image below).

To troubleshoot this, take note of the account name(s) it shows you in the reauthorization prompt. Then, backup your Quicken file and go to Tools>Account List. If you have a Show hidden accounts checkbox at the lower left, please select it (this checkbox is visible only if you have hidden accounts). Then, review your account list to see if you can find the accounts that were showing on the reauthorize prompt. If they are closed or inactive accounts on the financial institution side, but still trying to connect in Quicken, you would want to deactivate the accounts to keep that prompt from showing up.

If they are active accounts that you have authorized, then you would want to check for duplicate accounts, since one of the more common issues that can come up when reauthorizing is accidentally having the account(s) added as new rather than linked to the existing accounts. If that is what happened, backup your Quicken file, delete the duplicate accounts, then go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, being careful to re-link the account(s) to the correct nickname(s) in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @judgedcm,

I haven't heard back from you. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• judgedcm
    judgedcm Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, this an issue where authorizing in one file deauthorizes the other file. And no, I am not getting any error messages for my TD accounts when switching between files. And no, I am not getting a list of account names that it thinks is still on the old connection.

When I try to download into Quicken file A, I get this:

I then sign in, which takes me to a list of all TD accounts. I then choose the 2 TD accounts that I track in Quicken file A and tell it to link to the 2 existing corresponding accounts. I tell it not to link to the other TD accounts that don't pertain to Quicken file A. This works fine, and the next time I update Quicken file A I have no problems . . . UNLESS, I open Quicken file B and seek to update that file that contains a different TD account. At that point, I have to reauthorize with TD Bank and tell it to link with the TD account that pertains to Quicken file B and not to link to the other TD accounts. Again, that works fine each time I reopen Quicken and Work only with Quicken file B. But I start all over if I then want to work in Quicken account A.

Is there a fix?