Reauthorizing Bank of America corrupts my account (changes opening balance)

Options
tspencer
tspencer Member ✭✭

For some reason my Bank of America accounts stopped connecting a week or so ago. Today I tried to reconnect, and after reauthorizing, Quicken downloaded transactions 1,000+ transactions across several accounts and ended up changing the opening balance on one of them that was many 000's too high.

Accounts are set up NOT to automatically download. After the download there are no transactions visible for review and acceptance, and none of the newer transactions from the last 2 weeks are present for review and acceptance.

I have gone through this several times with a backup file from earlier today, and the same thing happens each time.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @tspencer,

Unfortunately, the Opening Balance changing when you authorize/reauthorize an account is a known issue. Please see this article for more information: https://www.quicken.com/support/why-did-my-opening-balance-change-after-changing-ewc-quicken-windows .

One thing I've seen Super Users recommend is putting the correct Opening Balance in the memo column on the Opening Balance transaction. That way, you have the correct number handy to confirm if it did change and set it back to the correct amount.

Missing transactions/transactions not downloading from Bank of America is also a known issue. For more information, please review this Community Alert.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps from the alert. The first part is similar to what you've already done, but with an extra step added in:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Bank of America.
    3. Navigate to Bank of America's website, (https://www.bankofamerica.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Bank of America accounts by using the "+" button.

If the issue persists after that, please try resetting the Quicken Cloud:

1. Click on "Edit"
    2. Select "Preferences"
    3. Go to the "Mobile & Web" tab
    4. Click on "Reset Cloud"

Note - If you do not see the option to Reset Cloud, that means you have Sync turned off. To reset the cloud, you'd need to turn Sync on, click OK, then navigate back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web to reset the cloud (once the reset completes, you can turn Sync back off).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @tspencer,

I haven't heard back from you. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.