National Grid and Verizon Residential Auto Bill Pay Fails

Options

According to tech support, users reported Verizon autopay failures weeks ago. I have now added the same failure with National Grid to that list.

I was informed by tech support:

1. The failure is due to the lack of connection maintenance between Quicken and these vendors. I don't know what that means, nor could the support agent explain it.
2. There is no way to track updates if/when these connections will be fixed.
3. There is no way to inquire if these vendors will be re-enabled in the future.
4. Both billers still appear as valid auto-pay billers in the Add Biller feature as if the connection will work. But it fails during authentication.

Verizon and National Grid are substantial firms. If billers are dropping off the service without Quicken proactively addressing the issues, what value does the Quicken Auto-Pay service provide?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @rmn,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering these issues. First, since it is not currently working in your Quicken, please make sure you are paying those bills another way to avoid late fees/penalties. Most billers allow you to pay directly through their website.

Just to verify, I do see there are several options for Verizon. What kind of bill were you trying to connect?

I see you already went through most of the troubleshooting with Support earlier today. If you have the time, one thing you can do to test if maybe what's blocking you from connecting is file specific, is you can try creating a new "test" file and see if you're able to successfully connect those billers in that new file. Once you're done in the test file, you would want to return to your main file. You can use this link for directions on alternating between multiple files.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.