RBFCU Transactions

Options

Hello, looking back into Quicken Classic and before I purchase, I need to know if Quicken Classic pulls RBFCU credit card transactions? I prefer Simplifi but it’s been over a year since RBFCU credit cards and Simplifi have talked to each other. Monarch and Rocket Money talk with RBFCU and pull transactions so I know the connection is there. I’m not a fan of either program so I thought I’d try Quicken Classic if they pull transactions.

I assume the answer is no (same company) but wanted to ask. Picture below is Simplifi’s community forum I couldn’t find anything within “Quickens” forum

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is more than one RBFCU. Please provide the full name.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• hollypearse
    hollypearse Member ✭✭
    Options

Randolph brooks credit union

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I should have read the picture you posted earlier because it was listed in there.

The FIDIR list (Financial Institutions Directory) file for Quicken Classic for Windows shows there is a Randolf-Brooks FCU that supports QWin:

07072 07072 07072 Randolph-Brooks FCU https://www.rbfcu.org/ 1-800-580-3300 https://www.rbfcu.org/online/login ACTIVE BANKING&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

For manual downloads/imports (Web Connect) they support Banking accounts (checking, savings).

For downloads via Quicken (Express Web Connect) they support Banking accounts plus Credit accounts (credit cards, loans).

Quicken Classic for Mac has their own FIDIR. There is a lot of overlap in the financial institutions between the two FIDIR files but there are some differences. So if you are asking regarding Mac I'm afraid my response here might not be applicable to you. Perhaps someone with QMac expertise will provide some insight on this.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The entry for Quicken Mac is the same.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Just one additional note that although there is an entry in Quicken's file showing Randolph-Brooks FCU is a participating financial institution, that doesn't guarantee that it is currently a properly-working connection; it's possible that Quicken Classic will have the same issue as Simplifi.

Quicken doesn't offer free trial versions, but you can purchase a subscription, create a quick test file to download data from RBFCU, and if you determine it's broken as it is in Simplifi, you can get a refund of your subscription cost within 30 days of payment.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hollypearse
    hollypearse Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you everyone. I did purchase a subscription to find out and sadly, it’s the same issue with Simplifi and does not auto important RBFCU credit card transactions. 😔

I’ll be requesting the refund.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@hollypearse Before giving up entirely on Quicken, have you talked to RBFCU technical support and or Quicken Support? Since they are listed in Quicken's directory of financial institutions, it's likely that RBFCU made some change to their servers or to their website, which broke the connection Quicken's connectivity/aggregation supplier (Intuit) uses to log in and download transactions. (Just because some other personal finance programs can connect, that doesn't mean the problem is with Quicken; it's almost always something the financial institution changed which affects or blocks aggregators from connecting successfully.) Sometimes such issues can be resolved by Intuit alone, but often it requires the financial institution to make some change to re-enable Intuit/Quicken to log in and download.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hollypearse
    hollypearse Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs, when the initial break in connectivity happened (February 2023) I flooded RBFCU with complaints. They launched a new credit card system that had several, unrelated issues. I’ve placed a formal complaint a few times while waiting for the connection to be re-established. (Prior credit card system connected seamlessly)

I like Quicken and Simplifi better than the others. When I call for the refund, I will talk with Quicken and see if they can do anything. It is too much to manual input transactions though. I tried but juggling life and manually inputting proved challenging. It is our main credit card. Everything goes onto that card.

thank you for your input!

Holly