Backup problems

Options

My backups have not been working for two weeks. I downloaded and entered everything to bring them up to date but when I saved again the files went to a "COPOFXLOG" file which I can't open. HELP!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jerrynich,

To better assist with this issue, could you please provide more detail what is happening when you're trying to backup your files? Is this happening with automatic backups, manual backups, or both? Are you not getting any option to change where the file is saving to?

For automatic backups, you should be able to choose the destination location by going to Edit>Preferences>Backup. The automatic backups section has blue links that let you Open the existing directory, or you can click Change to change where the automatic backups save to.

When making a manual backup, you should be able to choose where to save that backup. Typically, you start the manual backup process by going to File>Copy or Backup file, select Create a complete backup, and click Next. That should bring up the Quicken Backup window. That window should show you where it is saving to and give you the option to change that file location (see image below).

If you aren't getting the options shown above, please provide more information what exactly is happening so I can assist further.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.