Skipped Bill Reminders [Edited]

Options

Windows 11, Classic Quicken Business and Personal, R55.26, Build 27.1.55.26

This has been going on a long while, even with previous Quicken releases/builds…

With scheduled autopay and manual payments, when a MONTHLY bill is paid Quicken will not schedule the next payment in the next month but will skip the next month and set the next scheduled payment date two months later, and sometimes even further out.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jeff Hendrickson,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Do you recall when this issue started? Is this affecting all monthly bills or just some? What interval are you using for the affected bills (for instance, is it set to every month on a specific day, set to every Daily every "x" number of days, Weekly every "x" weeks on "x" day of the week, etc.)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jeff Hendrickson,

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Jeff Hendrickson
    Jeff Hendrickson Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue is still occurring. Now with R56.9.

Two errors this week with this form:

1. I pay a monthly bill due Jun 5.
    2. Quicken sets the next payment due date to Sep 5 (rather than Jul 5 - it's a MONTHLY BILL).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry for the delayed response; I've been out of office.

I'm not able to replicate this issue; when I test monthly reminders, they are scheduling for the next month as expected. You mentioned this has been going on for a long while; do you recall roughly when the issue started? Is this affecting all of your monthly bill reminders, or just some? If it's affecting just some, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file, then try deleting and recreating the problem reminders to see if that corrects the issue.

If it is affecting all of your monthly reminders, it may be a file specific issue. If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• DavidZ
    DavidZ Member ✭✭
    Options

Jeff, I had the same problem a while back. It was corrected after I completely deleted the recurring payment and recreated it.