How to setup Citi Bank One Step Update

Options
Harv
Harv Member ✭✭

I stopped getting updates from Cit Bank accounts months ago and can't reestablish setup.

Running Window 11 and Quicken Classic Deluxe. Have tried clearing cache and no help. Setup eventually just times out with no error messages.

Any other sugestions??

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Harv,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. What process are you using to try to setup the problem account(s)? Please describe what steps you are following and exactly where it's getting stuck until it times out.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Harv
    Harv Member ✭✭
    Options

I Go to "Edit Account Details", "Online Services", "Activate". Then it requests I log in to Citi Bank Accounts and I enter User ID and Password. It searches for a while and eventually times out without connection. If I go to Citi Bank Account and try a download from there it sets up a web connect to Citi.

That connection is not reliable because after a few downloads it will download some entries more than once and some not at all. If I go back to "Edit Account Details" and I try to update "Web Connect" it repeats same as described and times out.

• Harv
    Harv Member ✭✭
    Options

Can you provide link to Email Digest location. I was not able to find your listed information for Profile Page.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Harv,

From what you're describing, it sounds like it's getting stuck because it's not redirecting you to Citibank's website to authorize/reauthorize your accounts. To troubleshoot this, please backup your Quicken file, then go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts. Once you're at the Add/Link screen, make sure that the accounts are linking to the correct nicknames in Quicken before you click Next.

To answer your question about signing up for the Email Digest, to find your profile, look for the circular icon near the upper right when you're logged into the Community. See sample image below:

When you click on the circular icon, you should see a dropdown menu.

Click on Account & Privacy Settings, then click on Notification Preferences.

You will find the option to sign up for the Email Digest at the bottom of the list.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Harv
    Harv Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you and after trying again I thought I had turned off all ad blockers which I had. So I decided to turn off all Firefox extensions and when I did I was able to link my Citi Accounts.

Thank you for your suggestions

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear you've got the accounts reconnected now. Thank you for sharing the solution you found!

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina