Bulk link transfers (Q Mac)

Options
quidster
quidster Member ✭✭

Hello, this is basically a repost of an unanswered question on this matter.

My use-case for desiring a better solution than one-at-a-time linking transfers is this: "debit card roudups" transfers from checking to savings.

As the other user said, it's not possible to bulk link transfers; it has to be done one-at-a-time, which is a chore.

Is this something that'll be improved soon? Anything in the works?

Thanks.

Just your friendly neighborhood student of Quicken.

Best Answer

• quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

while I appreciate the reply, it was made clear in the cited posted that this does not work. Recall that we are talking about linking existing transactions, not creating new records.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 22
    Options

Hello @quidster,

In Quicken for Mac, you should be able to do bulk transfers. First, backup your Quicken file. Then, select the transactions you need to edit. Once all are selected (keyboard shortcuts like holding down the Shift key to select an entire block of transactions should work), then right click and select Edit Transaction.

A Transaction Info window will come up.

Click on category, choose the transfer category and then the account you're transferring to.

Verify everything is displaying correctly, then click OK. You should now see the selected transactions are showing the transfer in the Category column.

When you go to the receiving account, you should see the other side of the transfer there.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

while I appreciate the reply, it was made clear in the cited posted that this does not work. Recall that we are talking about linking existing transactions, not creating new records.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for the clarification,

If Quicken isn't able to recognize the transfers when they download, have you tried using renaming rules? That may make it easier for Quicken to recognize and automatically link the transfers.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    Options

I’ll investigate. Please keep this open! I will be back :)