trouble connecting to Bank of America account

Options

I've been using Quicken for the last 18 months or so with little trouble. However starting last week it is refusing to connect to my Bank of America accounts. Server message is 'Account must be re-setup due to bad connection state, emptyAggregators.'. I go through the reconnection process without errors but when it tries to reconnect I get the same message.

What could be causing this? Is this a known current issue or something in how things are configured on my account?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BrotherSabrent,

To assist with this issue, I tried checking on our end to see how the error reflects. No errors are showing on our end. If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you backup your Quicken file, then try reconnecting the problem accounts by going to Accounts>Add Account and following the prompts. Once you've gone through the authorization process and are back in your Quicken, please carefully relink the accounts to the correct names in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BrotherSabrent
    BrotherSabrent Member ✭✭
    Options

This did not fix the problem. It still needs to reconnect every time I refresh my bank connection. The other financial institutions do not have this problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

There are multiple connection options for Bank of America. Which connection option are you using? Have you tried using a different connection option? What kind of account(s) are you trying to connect (checking, savings, credit, investment, loan, etc.)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• BrotherSabrent
    BrotherSabrent Member ✭✭
    Options

It fails for savings, checking, credit card, and auto loan. I use Quicken Connect for connecting. Quicken reports that the accounts have been authorized successfully but if I try and refresh the totals it always says I need to reconnect.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see from the logs you sent that you're getting an error code 1006 when you try to update your accounts with Bank of America. To resolve this issue, please backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps from this article on Error 1006:

To resolve this issue, deactivate and reactivate the affected accounts. (Based on the logs you sent, the problem account is BankAmericard Visa Platinum Plus).

To Deactivate the accounts:

1. Click on the account name for the affected account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    2. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    3. Click on the Downloads tab.
    4. Click on Disconnect Account.
    5. Click Done.
    6. Repeat the above steps for each affected account until they are all deactivated.

To Reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Accounts menu > Add Account.
    2. Enter the name of your bank or select it from the list.
    3. If prompted, select the connection method, then click Continue.
    4. Enter the required sign-in credentials you use to access your accounts, and then click Sign In.
    5. Answer any security questions, etc. required by your bank to sign in, and click Continue.
    6. Once Quicken has discovered your list of accounts, you will have the option to link them to the existing accounts already in Quicken.
      • In the Action section of the Accounts Found window, select the appropriate existing account to link.
      • In the Type section, choose the correct account type for each account from the dropdown menus.
    7. Once you have linked all existing accounts for this bank, click on Continue to complete the activation process for your accounts, and then click Finish.
    8. Repeat these steps for each bank needing to be reactivated.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• BrotherSabrent
    BrotherSabrent Member ✭✭
    Options

That seems to have fixed it, thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina