Bill Manager Payment Account

Options
fw6322+
fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta

For some unknown reason the Bill Manager Payment Account using Quicken Windows R55.26 had to be reverified. What is this all about?

Did a Report-A-Problem to Quicken.

Here is info from validating:

QDF:
Validating your data.
Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:
All internal consistency checks passed.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @fw6322+,

To clarify the issue, when you say reverified, do you mean it wanted you to re-enable QuickPay and do CheckPay verification again? If so, typically, Quicken will want to reverify the account if it gets deactivated/reconnected for any reason. Sometimes resetting the account or restoring a backup can trigger it also, but that is less common.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fw6322+
    Options

This was a re-enable for Quick Pay and Check Pay verification.

Thanks for your response!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Did any of the things I listed in my earlier response happen just before this re-enable/verification prompt? You mentioned you ran a Validate; did you do that because of the unexpected prompt, or was there another reason?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• fw6322+
    Options

I did the validate to make sure there was no file issue.

Didn't do a restore on the file.

The last times I was forced to do a re-enable/verifications was 7-26-23, 1-23-23 and 4-20-22.

This part of Bill Manager has improved over the early days from Dec 2019.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear that part of Bill Manager has improved.

Did you have to reset/reconnect your payment account, or migrate it to Express Web Connect +? Do you recall if there was anything else that happened in your Quicken file around the same time as you got the prompt?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• fw6322+
    Options

I only had to enable the checking account.

No other activities to the file before the Bill Manager =⇒ Payment Account had to be re-enabled.

When I did a Report-A-Problem was hoping there might be some kind of hint in the logs as to what happened.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

One other thing that can sometimes cause you to get that prompt is logging out of your Quicken account and logging back in again (logging in with a different Quicken ID guarantees you'll have to reverify, and if you log in with the same Quicken ID, it will sometimes want you to reverify). Do you recall if you had to log back into your account before getting that prompt for your payment account?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• fw6322+
    Options

Don't remember when I last log into Quicken and will watch for that in the future.

Thanks for your help!