CC-501 error - Optum HSA account

Options

I was able to estab;ish and download HSA transactions from Optum Bank. About a week ago, one fine day, the download stopped with error message with clear instructions "do not contat Optum".

I tried deleting the account and re-adding it - same error and same CC-501 notification.

I am a fairly new Quicken user since December 2023 and have had several issues;

ending up deleting and re-creating all my accounts. [Removed - Rant]

Comments

• TGala
    TGala Member
    edited April 23
    Options

Sorry, abruptly clicked on post..

I have sent errors and logs to the Quicken support team on several different issues in February 2024, still no response or resolution.

Please don't get me wrong: I love the interface and the features they have, but what is the final result if there are ongoing issues getting data itself?

[Removed - Rant]

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TGala,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Quicken Anja thank you for the update.

@TGala I also had the CC-501 error when doing the One Step Update and deactivated the account. Now I also get the CC-501 error when trying to reactivating online services.

As a workaround, until they find a fix, I am now downloading transactions for my Optum account via Web Connect (WC) from my online account with Optum. Have you tried this?

If not, it is easy to do.

1. Log into your online account with Optum.
    2. Click on "Account Overview".
    3. On the next screen, click on "Export to Quicken"
    4. If you get prompted by your browser to Open or Save, choose Open.
    5. Toggle back to Quicken, using Alt-Tab.
    6. If this is the first time you have imported transaction using DC, a dialogue box will appear asking which account to connect to.
    7. Carefully choose the existing Optum account on Quicken
    8. After you do this the first time, and a link is established, you won't need to again. The transactions from Optum will automatically go to your Optum account in Quicken when you download transactions.
    9. If there are transactions that downloaded, the usual red flag or blue dot will appear next to the account name in Quicken.

When the connection is fixed so that updating transactions via One Step Update is again available, the simplest thing to do is go to the Online Services tab and click on "Click here to find out more…" to update the connection method to Express Web Connect (EWC).