Cannot download Fidelity Cash Management Account

Options

I have several Fidelity brokerage account which download fine into Quicken. I recently set up a Fidelity Cash Mgmt Account. I was able to establish the account in Quicken and link to the Fidelity account. I get no transactions, and no errors. The account type in Quicken is 'brokerage'. It is set up for transaction download… all the same as my other accounts. I have already Reset the account. Anyone experience similar?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is that CMA, actually, the cash component of your taxable brokerage account?

If so, it's not actually a separate account. So, do TOOLS, Account List, click EDIT adjacent to the taxable brokerage account and click the "Show Cash in a checking account" Yes button.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ChuckandRonda Churchill
    Options

@NotACPA . thank you for the suggestion. The CMA is a separate brokerage account (unique account number). I did try what you suggested but I could still not download any transactions (and I have performed 5 thus far). Since Fidelity sweeps the account each night and moves the cash to other banks I am a bit concerned that they think I have a zero balance and for some reason skips the download. But that would be odd.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    Options

What is your connection method? Direct Connect via Fidelity Investments? My understanding is that CMAs via this connection has a history of being problematic.

It's a long shot, but you might want to try backing up your data file and then doing Add Account and selecting the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts financial institution. This will set up an EWC+ connection. I am using this EWC+ connection for my Fidelity Rewards Visa, a credit card which could never be downloaded via Fidelity Investments. Maybe this EWC+ connection will work for your CMA?

NOTE: If you do try this, be very careful during the authorization process in your Fidelity online account to select only the CMA account so as to not cause any issues with your other DC connections with Fidelity Investments. You can have both the DC and EWC+ connections set up in your data file, just make sure that DC serves one set of accounts while the EWC+ connection serves the other (CMA).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• ChuckandRonda Churchill
    Options

@Boatnmaniac , yes - I am using Direct Connect. Interestingly, my initial transaction (transfer in) never came through. My next set (transfer ins) finally came through - one week after they occurred (and settled). So this is problematic, so I will try the EWC if this account remains problematic. Thank you!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do let me know if you try the EWC+ connection suggestion and how it worked for you. If it works well, then this information will be helpful to others.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• JTQuick
    JTQuick Member
    Options

Is the account a Fidelity My Smart CMA account? If so, I have one and have been using it for years. I set it up as a checking account rather than a core account for my brokerage account. It works fine and have had no real problems with it. I use Direct Connect too. Give that a try.