Downloaded transactions are posting to register automatically

Options

I have automatic transaction posting off in preferences. I do an online download of bank and CC accounts, There are new transactions in some accounts. When I go to some of the accounts the new transactions get posted to the register without me selecting accept. I checked in preferences to make sure automatic is off.

Why are new transactions posting to register automatically all of a sudden. Just started doing this after a program update.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @StefanT,

First, I suggest you check to make sure that the Auto-Entry setting in each individual account is set to Off.

You can find the Auto-Entry setting in the Online Services tab. Please follow the steps below.

1. Right-click account name
    2. Edit/Delete account
    3. Online Services
    4. Auto-Entry: Off/On

If it shows it is set to On, go ahead and switch it to Off.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    Options

what version …. Help —> About Quicken

interesting…. just following along - have never reviewed this Account Details setting - always just the Preferences -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• StefanT
    StefanT Member ✭✭
    edited April 25
    Options

update info, I am aware that there WAS a checkbox in the Account Details -
    Online Services tab to select how / when to accept downloaded transactions.

However, this disappeared after one of the recent program updates,
    This checkbox IS NO LONGER ON THE TAB see attached PDF

I am using Quicken Classic Business and Personal Version R55.26 Build 27.155.26 Windows 11 Home

Not sure how long ago it disappeared but I noticed the issue in the last month or two.

• StefanT
    StefanT Member ✭✭
    edited April 25
    Options

screen shot

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    Options

so - the clickable text box is no longer clickable ?

but since it shows OFF in all your screen shots - the point is ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

I am having this issue as well for one of my accounts. My other accounts with the same institution all work correctly, but one of my accounts' transactions are automatically downloaded even though it is set to "off". I have tried resetting the account to no avail. I have sent in a report to Quicken but no resolution as of yet. Have also performed a validate/repair and super validate/repair.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should also check the options under Preferences…

As can be seen in the heading above, this option does not work with Direct Connect (DC) accounts.

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, but this is for downloaded transactions that are not pending ones. I have checked out the preferences under "downloaded transactions" and all boxes are unchecked. It works for all accounts but one.

• StefanT
    StefanT Member ✭✭
    Options

I have noted that in two of my accounts, even though I checked that the preference is not to automatically post for all accounts they still were. I went into those two accounts and even though they were to follow the system default, I selected to never automatically enter transactions for this account. I think that this fixed it. SO, why were those two accounts not following the system wide defaylt not to.

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

With this particular account, I have also tried selecting "never automatically enter transactions" and it still does. I am not sure why this account is unresponsive to the selections made.