R56.9 updated - Change downloaded transactions font/format back to the way it was before [Edited]

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 26 in Display/UI

I noticed today after updating to 27.1.56.9, R56.9, that the downloaded transactions window that shows at the bottom of accounts after a OSU, is "more sparse" - the rows are farther apart, and the text has a larger font. I liked it with a smaller font and the lines closer together, as it was before. I didn't see anything relevant in the settings, is there a way I can change it back?

Thanks

30 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree, I would like to change the transaction windows to the way they were before the update too.

• Hector Curiel
    Hector Curiel Member ✭✭
    Options

Absolutely agree. Current font is actually harder to read

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the transaction window spacing should obey the setting

Edit > Preferences > Register > Register Row Spacing (Compact, Standard, or Comfortable).

I personally don't see a need for two separate settings, one for the register row spacing, another for the transaction window spacing.

• Hector Curiel
    Hector Curiel Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks jtemplin. Your recommendation is for the register only. The change that occurred is down below in the "Downloaded Transaction" window.

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    Options

You misunderstood my comment.

Rather than simply returning the downloaded transaction window to what it was, give users a choice. One way of doing that was my suggestion, making the downloaded transaction window follow along with the setting for the register. For example, if the setting is "Compact", both the register and the downloaded transaction window would both be compact.

I'm making the assumption that if you want your register one way, you'd want the downloaded transaction window the same way.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for coming to the Community to provide your feedback! Since it sounds like this is a request to change the Downloaded Transactions section font/format back to the way it was before R56.9, I converted this discussion to an Idea. Please don't forget to add your vote! Ideas that receive enough votes may be implemented in the future!

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I just want to say, I don't know why things like this are indiscriminately changed. While the rest of the transactions on that page are governed by a setting for user choice (compact etc.), someone just decided to change to font and denseness of this - inconsistent with anything else on the screen. It should be put back the way it was. What was the motivation for the change? Why no mention of it in the release notes? It sounds to me like something that got changed by mistake - a bug - otherwise wouldn't it have been in the "improved" part of the release notes, with an explanation? Do we get an explanation of why it was changed now?

IMHO to say this is a request to change and not a mistake - a bug - is incorrect imho.

Please pass along that customers aren't happy with these kinds of changes for no reason, no transparency. And then to say we have to suggest a change to "fix" it the way it was, is poor.

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Please change back to adding line separators. This makes it much easier to read.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

amazing that we have to vote on fixing a bug with unwanted effects …

If this was an intentional change, then it should be in the Release Notes -
    if not, then it’s a reported bug and should be corrected …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    Options

Here's an idea: Don't change any existing user interface unless an idea is voted to change it.

This issue should be reported as a bug in "Report a problem…" in Quicken Help tab.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    Options

I agree this change is a step backwards.

At a minimum, when you click and drag on the dividing line to make the Downloaded Transactions area smaller, it should only affect the transactions area, and the Done button should not scroll off the bottom of the screen. Also, if you drag the dividing line up, it should make more room for the downloaded transactions, not create wasted blank space below the buttons at the bottom.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with the other comments submitted. I find the new format very distracting to work with. Please bring back the old format ASAP.

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

I've noticed when there are multiple transactions to download, there is an alternate white and blue shading delineation. Since I do an OSU every day, most of the time, it is just a single transaction in a white field. I definitely would prefer the prior format.

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I vote to not call undocumented UX element changes as a 'feature' to be voted on to revert back to standard.

This is an element we use daily and has been pretty much in this form/fashion/font for a long time. To change randomly and defend as the 'standard' requiring Robert's Rules is just odd.

Why?

• Bob6
    Bob6 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Couldn't agree more. Please revert to the way it was… a then just leave it alone.

• Mtn_M8
    Mtn_M8 Member
    Options

Fully agree, making changes in formatting and other non-essential areas should be done with options by the user.

This looks horrible and is harder to use.

• Someupsetuser
    Someupsetuser Member ✭✭
    Options

The notion posted by Quicken Kristanthat we need to vote on an "Idea" to fix regression in the software is pretty absurd. I can't see anything from Quicken that says this is an 'imporovement',

• Dean100
    Dean100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Absolutely, this was a terrible change with no benefits. Does anyone like it? Did anyone ask for it? If not, revert immediately!

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

if that’s Quicken’s stance then where do we vote?

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At the bottom of the first post in this discussion you will see a large colored box with the current vote count at the left. Click on the little up arrow below the number to register your vote. When your for has been counted the arrow will turn gray.

QWin Premier subscription
  • fredbythebeach
    fredbythebeach Member
    Options

One should not have to 'vote' to remove regression. And then Quicken will say there are only 100 or 1000 votes out of our 1,000,000 (and dwindling) customers, and ignore it. And things like this are why its dwindling.

• AudioGuy
    AudioGuy Member
    Options

I'm new to the forum. I just joined to up-vote this complaint. Is it normal for Quicken to remain silent on forums like this after they make a mistake and their users (a.k.a. the ones who send them the money that funds their paychecks) complain?

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since you're new, understand this is a users forum. The Quicken developers do not comment here. Once in awhile a Quicken employee will interject in a discussion to ask for clarity on a user post or to moderate. An example is @Quicken Kristina's post earlier in this discussion. We're told voting on ideas will influence the priority of what the developers work on, and once in awhile the status of an idea will change to "planned." But Quicken has never shared timelines here when such features will be ultimately delivered, if at all.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

AudioGuy - Don't forget to scroll up to the top and add your vote.

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This change to the FIXED, sparse format was pure and simple, a DUMB idea, given that the user may make their own format choice in the Register area. Making the DL area format a CHOICE for users (same as Register) would have come off as a brilliant idea; now it simply appears that the developers are bored and were looking for something to do — and thus more to do to change it back (win-win, right?). Maybe Quicken has too many developers, or too many poor developers that look for stuff like this to mess with. Ugh… just when you think Quicken mgmt is on the right course does something like this happen.