One Step Update and Syncing to Quicken Mobile

Options

During One Step Update, my bank accounts are syncing great with Quicken Windows. All the accounts complete. When I turn on the sync for quicken mobile, quicken mobile hangs up and then my one step update is broken and only two of the ten accounts sync . I have to restore from backup to work again and I can't sync to Quicken mobile.

Any wise suggestions.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Dt1972 - have you tried resetting your Cloud Data?

1. Go to Edit → Preferences.
    2. In the left pane, select Mobile & Web.
    3. In the right pane, under Quicken Mobile & Web, click Reset your cloud data.
    4. In the Reset Your Cloud Data dialog, type yes, and then click Reset to confirm the reset.

I am not sure it will work but resetting does fix most issues with Quicken Web & Mobile.

• Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the information. I have tried this several times. If I have Quicken Mobile on, my one step update does not finish. If I turn it off, it is fine.

Not sure how to fix it.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited May 6
    Options

@Dt1972 - the other thing to try is a file validate and super validate, with SYNC turned On, in Preferences or the Mobile & Web tab.

Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

The other thing you can try is resetting your Cloud Data. You can either do this though Preferences→Mobile & Web, or by going into the Mobile & Web tab, by scrolling down to the Troubleshooting widget.

Please make a backup of your data file any time you make any major changes or run any troubleshooting process.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Dt1972,

The issue you describe is similar to a known issue that has already been reported for further investigation and resolution.

To troubleshoot this issue, please try installing the most recent update manually. To do that, please click on this link and follow the instructions in the article.

Please let me know how it goes!

(CTP-9829)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited May 6
    Options

@Quicken Kristina thanks for the update! Is there an easy way to see a list of issues that are being worked on? I ask because as users report issues or errors, there is no easy way to know what issues have been reported and being worked on. As a result, it seems the "wheel has to be recreated" each time. If the user can review the list of issues reported and being worked on, I think it would reduce redundancy and confusion with multiple threads and save the user time and effort.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Quicken Kristina - I understand that a full list of issues would be unmanageable, but is there a list of issues that have been assigned a CTP number?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @QuickUserPSP,

It depends on how many contacts with Quicken Support an issue generates. If there are enough contacts, then an alert is created, and those alerts can be viewed in the Alerts, Online Banking, and Known Product Issues section of the Community: https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts .

For issues that don't generate enough contacts to justify an alert, there isn't a list.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

Thank you @Quicken Kristina I definitely understand that a list would be difficult to maintain. I have gone into the Alerts category, and honestly, I haven't found a good way to search or filter on a topic, so I end up going down the list of posts and after a while I give up. Maybe I should spend some time and really go through that category.

@Dt1972 sorry for "hijacking" your post. But hopefully updating to the most current version will resolve your issue.

• Dt1972
    Dt1972 Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions helped. I am still not able to run through one step update if I have my accounts syncing.

An interesting bug, though, is if I turn one step off completely and then add one of my Wells Fargo accounts, one step update will run. but if I add additional accounts it will not.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Dt1972 that is interesting. What connection type are you using for your Wells Fargo? And for the additional accounts? I am wondering if deactivating and reactivating those other accounts might help? When you deactivate and reactivate, keep the SYNC setting to ON.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Dt1972 as always, please remember to make a backup of your data file whenever you do any troubleshooting steps.