Mobile Web Duplicate Accounts - Can't Clear Data

Options

I have reset my data. I have unselected all accounts. There are no accounts selected to sync to the web/mobile app, but it says there are 4 accounts synced. When I open the mobile app, all accounts, not just 4, are there but they are also there 2 and sometimes 3 times. I can't delete the file and start over because that is no longer allowed. That is how this type of issue was repaired before.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @sgj31,

I know that you mentioned resetting your cloud data, however, I advise following the instructions below closely.

However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web

5. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    8. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    Options

Followed the instructions and while I show 0 accounts being synced, there are 2-3 duplicate accounts of all my accounts still in the mobile app.

When I go to Mobile and Web tab - even though 0 accounts are selected, it says 4 accounts are being synced. I open the accounts list and select None. Nothing changes, but the app says 4 accounts are being synced.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    Options

Finally found what 4 accounts are being synced when nothing should be synced. All 4 are Closed. I am not able to remove them from the sync even if I select show separate accounts.

I had to edit the accounts display options and remove keep separate and hidden. Then go to Mobile/Web tab and select what accounts to sync. These now showed up so I could remove them from the sync.

This cleared the 4 accounts from the web app, but the mobile app still showed not only these 4 accounts but 2-3 duplicates of all my other accounts.

I deleted the Mobile App from my phone. Made sure the Web App showed no accounts being synced. Reinstalled the mobile app and the duplicates are no longer showing. The mobile app shows no accounts being synced.

I can now try to sync some of my accounts.

Hope this helps someone else having the same problems.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @sgj31,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing this information with other users. I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.