Update R56.9 Required Re-enabling Quick Pay & Re-Enabling Check Pay

Options

Immediately following updating to R56.9, my Quicken no longer showed the "Quick Pay" button on any pre-existing account in the Bills & Income/Bills area.

When I tried to enter a Quick Pay transaction via the drop-down menu, Quicken required me to RE-ENABLE Quick Pay. Quicken then required me to RE-VERIFY Check Pay.

I also had to deactivate/reactivate my Amex CC account, as it wasn't downloading any transactions via One Step Update.

Who knows what else R56.9 has wraught - I'm afraid to look further.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @CashGrab,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Is this the first time you've had issues after updating your Quicken program? Do you typically update using the automatic update, or do you download/install the update patch manually? Is your Quicken program installed directly on your local hard drive? Do you also keep your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive? Were you prompted to login to your Quicken program after the update? Aside from the one account you mentioned, did any other accounts need to be reset or reconnected?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CashGrab
    CashGrab Member ✭✭
    Options

Responses:
    -Is this the first time you've had issues after updating your Quicken program?
    No, I've had issues similar to other Windows users, such as the billing "Due In" timeframe not being saved.

-Do you typically update using the automatic update, or do you download/install the update patch manually?
    Automatic update only

-Is your Quicken program installed directly on your local hard drive?
    Yes, and it has been for years.

-Do you also keep your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive?
    No, my Quicken file has, for years, been saved on my local network (NAS).

-Were you prompted to login to your Quicken program after the update?
    Yes, if memory serves.

-Aside from the one account you mentioned, did any other accounts need to be reset or reconnected?
    I don't know. I only had an Amex CC bill that needed to be reconciled today.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The re-enable QuickPay/re-validate CheckPay may have been triggered by needing to login to your Quicken Account. It does periodically need to re-enable/re-verify your payment account when you login to Quicken (and will always need to do it if you login with a different Quicken ID).

When I check on our end for anything that may have triggered the American Express account to need to be reconnected, I do see there was a FDP-350 (expired authentication token) error on 30 April. Deactivating and reconnecting the account should have corrected that issue, since the authentication process when you reconnect would issue a new authentication token.

Have you encountered any further issues, or is everything behaving properly now?

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.