Can Quicken connect to AMEX Rewards Checking?

rwwoo1
rwwoo1 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I know AMEX has a relatively new authorization process. When I go thru it, I see my AMEX Rewards Checking account as a choice to authorize. I get a message that I've successfully authorized it but when I return to Quicken, I get an error that reads something like, "We've encountered an error (It's not your fault)? This has been occurring (to me since) Dec 2023. Seems like a Quicken problem. Just wondering when it will be resolved.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @rwwoo1,

Due to the nature of this issue and the time that you have been experiencing it, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jmEuclidian
    jmEuclidian Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I went through this in the past week. Finally figured it out. Even though AMEX shows the checking account on the authorization page, it won't work.

Instead of connecting the checking account to "American Express" (works for credit cards), connect to "American Express Banking" - near the bottom of the list of you search on "American Ex" like I did.

Same login as you use for AMEX. Worked perfectly the first time I tried it.

Good luck!

• jmEuclidian
    jmEuclidian Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Note however - I was adding the account as a new account (I just opened it), and was wondering why the authorization didn't work. Took a while to figure this out.

If reauthorization is not working, this tip won't apply I guess….

• rwwoo1
    rwwoo1 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

@jmEuclidian, Your tip worked. Thanks! Once I used "American Express Banking" I stopped getting the error and was able to connect to it.

This discussion has been closed.