How do you create a category that ADDS to your account rather than debits with QUicken on the cloud?

david perkins
david perkins Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
edited June 2 in Using Quicken on the Web

How do you create a category that ADDS to your account rather than debits with QUicken on the cloud?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Not understanding your question. WHY isn't that simply any income category?

You need to better explain what you're experiencing.

And what does QCloud have to do with it?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• david perkins

I do not have quicken app. installed. I'm just on the cloud. How do you create and category on the cloud and designate it as an income category rather than a debit category?

• david perkins

I do not have the quicken classic desktop app installed on. my desktop because when I called the rep couldn't assure me that if I installed it it wouldn't start over and erase all my data from the cloud.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How did you get the data entered into the Cloud? Did you have Quicken desktop installed before? Maybe you need to post a picture of your screen so we can see exactly what you are using. Could you be using the new Simplifi instead of Quicken? They are different.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

If you started and have continued to use only Quicken's web interface, please know that you are dangling by a thin line, as that isn't how Quicken was designed to be used. My real concern is that you have no backup: no backup files, noting to fall back on if you should ever need to reset your Quicken cloud connection.

And yes, it seems beyond stupid that Quicken hasn't created a way to transfer a set of data form Quicken Cloud to creat a new desktop Quicken Classic file. You're basically trapped because all your data is in Quicken Cloud, you don't have a desktop file, and you have no way to make that transition. Does the Quicken web interface have any facility for exporting transactions in aformat which could be imported into a desktop file? (I don't think so, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case there's some export functionality.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2

yes - there is a GOTCHA -

Are you using the Quicken On The Web interface - with your browser - ??
    https://app.quicken.com/login
    Some Quicken instructions indicate you can start using Quicken directly via the Quicken On The Web online browser website -
    THAT IS WRONG - you will never be able to connect your online data to the desktop software once it is installed -

This topic comes up every so often, when some new user stumbles into the abyss that Quicken has created -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.