Need Quicken support. Is my program corrupted?

Options

1st…I'm not a techy guy.

But after working with my personal Quicken expert online using a screen-share, he was stumped why after numerous efforts, my Quicken deluxe would not allow/accept new rules for a memorized transaction (hope I'm saying that correctly). He suggested contacting Quicken Support to see if the program is corrupted?

I've had zero luck figuring out how to contact support on the site (they make it very difficult). All I get is automated responses for solutions…no live chat or voice help.

Note that we did do a program update and also a Validate and Restore. I currently am signed up with the Quicken Classic deluxe edition and use chrome on a PC.

So…

1. Should I try to reach Quicken support or is that a waste of time? If yes, how do I do that?
  2. Should I just buy a brand new version ( Quicken Classic Business & Personal) and transfer over my data hoping the program glitch is resolved?

Thank you in advance for the guidance!!

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To access Quicken Support, follow this link, https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support AND be sure that your browser allows pop-ups.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Who is your "Quicken expert"? There are a lot of companies out there who claim to be Quicken employees or "experts" but are far from it. If they charged you anything I can assure you they were not Quicken employees. And unless you know who that person is and trust them, their having access to your computer for that screen share could be a security risk. If you don't know who they are or it was not a Quicken employee I encourage you to sooner rather than later run a deep anti-malware scan and also change all of your passwords.

To contact Support: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows Scroll down to "Contact Support" where you can click on Chat Now or Call Now. (If they do not work, make sure you have popup blockers disabled or have Quicken whitelisted.)

Another option is to log into your Quicken.com account and call the phone number that is shown there.

Also, you do not need to buy a new edition. You can upgrade to a higher edition if you wish to but it is all the exact same software. The edition you are subscribed to tells your installed software which functions to turn off or on. That being said, you could try uninstalling Quicken and then log into your online Quicken.com account where you can download and install a fresh install file and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Or you could try to get some help resolving the issue in this Community forum. To start with, are you trying to:

1. Set up a new Memorized Payee?
    2. Edit or modify a Memorized Payee?
    3. Set up a new Renaming Rule?
    4. Edit or modify a Renaming Rule?
    5. Set up a new Bill, Income or Transfer Reminder?
    6. Edit or modify a Reminder?

Or is it something else you are trying to do? Could you provide more details of exactly what it is that you are trying to accomplish?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Lakeboy - make sure that anyone you screen-share with is someone you know and trust. Your comments about not knowing how to contact Quicken Support immediately put up red flags for me. If you have issues finding information for Quicken, you can always start with "Quicken.com". Never browse or use Google to find the Quicken support number. There are many scammers out there that will pose as Quicken Support and charge for their services or say that your file is corrupted, and they will fix it for a fee. Quicken Support never charges for their services.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To access Quicken Support, follow this link, https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support AND be sure that your browser allows pop-ups.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Who is your "Quicken expert"? There are a lot of companies out there who claim to be Quicken employees or "experts" but are far from it. If they charged you anything I can assure you they were not Quicken employees. And unless you know who that person is and trust them, their having access to your computer for that screen share could be a security risk. If you don't know who they are or it was not a Quicken employee I encourage you to sooner rather than later run a deep anti-malware scan and also change all of your passwords.

To contact Support: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows Scroll down to "Contact Support" where you can click on Chat Now or Call Now. (If they do not work, make sure you have popup blockers disabled or have Quicken whitelisted.)

Another option is to log into your Quicken.com account and call the phone number that is shown there.

Also, you do not need to buy a new edition. You can upgrade to a higher edition if you wish to but it is all the exact same software. The edition you are subscribed to tells your installed software which functions to turn off or on. That being said, you could try uninstalling Quicken and then log into your online Quicken.com account where you can download and install a fresh install file and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Or you could try to get some help resolving the issue in this Community forum. To start with, are you trying to:

1. Set up a new Memorized Payee?
    2. Edit or modify a Memorized Payee?
    3. Set up a new Renaming Rule?
    4. Edit or modify a Renaming Rule?
    5. Set up a new Bill, Income or Transfer Reminder?
    6. Edit or modify a Reminder?

Or is it something else you are trying to do? Could you provide more details of exactly what it is that you are trying to accomplish?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Lakeboy - make sure that anyone you screen-share with is someone you know and trust. Your comments about not knowing how to contact Quicken Support immediately put up red flags for me. If you have issues finding information for Quicken, you can always start with "Quicken.com". Never browse or use Google to find the Quicken support number. There are many scammers out there that will pose as Quicken Support and charge for their services or say that your file is corrupted, and they will fix it for a fee. Quicken Support never charges for their services.

• Lakeboy
    Lakeboy Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks All. Very helpful! I'll return if need more assistance. Thanks again!