PNC - Still unable to download transactions 5/2/24

Options

I've been unable to download transactions since the end of March. I've seen a couple posts related that say this is resolved but it is not working for me still. I am using Direct Connect. I have reset my account with no change. I have deactivated and reactivated my account with no change. I've tried to change the connection type to Express Web and authenticate with the PNC page but Quicken then just spins and spins and eventually gives a timeout error. It's been over a month… this is crazy!

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@cbinder4

Try these steps to get the EWC+ connection to work.

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Deactivate all of your accounts with PNC by going to the Online Services tab in Account Details and clicking on "Deactivate". On the General tab, clear out the Financial Institution Name and Password. Do this for all of your PNC accounts.
    3. After all PNC accounts have been deactivated, go back into the Online Services tab for one of the accounts and then click on "Set up Now".
    4. You will be taken to the "Search for your financial institution" screen. Seach for and choose the PNC connection that uses EWC+. If you see "Advanced Options" on the right-hand side, click on it and should see a message about "Quicken Classic uses Intuit to connect". Click "Continue".
    5. On the next screen, choose "Express Web Connect" and then click on "Next"
    6. Go through the authorization screens. When you complete all of the authorization steps, you should be redirected back to Quicken to then set up online connections to your existing accounts on Quicken. Important - do not click on that "redirecting" screen, but just wait until you are redirected back to Quicken. If you have waited a long time, but still are not redirected, then close that window.
    7. When redirected back to Quicken, you should see a list of your accounts at PNC.
    8. Make sure to carefully "link to existing" each account you have set up on Quicken.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 3
    Options

@cbinder4 - please see the attached alert -

It looks like you need to contact PNC if you still are having issues after trying the steps I provided. Specifically, if you get "Internal server error occurred".