Investment account not syncing or Reminding in Mobile App

Options
TomUpNorth
TomUpNorth Member ✭✭
edited May 4 in Using the Mobile App

A favorite feature of Quicken Classic for Windows is the Monthly Calendar for my Checking account, which shows me future income and expenses along with running balance. I have an Investment account called "Nest Egg NQ" from which a systematic payout (to Checking) is made each month usually >$250. I have set-up a Transfer Reminder for $250 as an Upcoming (not Auto-matic) and it appears just fine on my Calendar the first of each month.

But this does NOT WORK in the Mobile app (for iOS latest v7.1.0): instead when i go to Checking and e.g. set the Reminders for Checking to "Show reminders for…the next xx days" the Upcoming transfers from Nest Egg NQ do not appear at all, such that therefore the future Balance is wrong and doesn't match the Windows version.

Another oddity here is that a PAST "Systematic Payout" from Nest Egg NQ to Checking is indicated among Checkings Transactions, but it displays thusly in the Transactions listing for my Checking account:

Of course I have Nest Egg NQ selected as a Synced Account with the Mobile App, and it appears correctly there under Investments, but as you can see above it shows as "Account Not Synced".

I have tried setting-up the Reminder for this monthly item as both an Income reminder and a Transfer reminder, but neither of these results in its appearing properly in the Mobile App.

Is this a bug in the App or is there something else I can try to make this work?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TomUpNorth,

The Quicken Mobile app doesn't support showing transactions or documenting transfers to/from investment accounts, which may be contributing to the issue you're seeing.

That said, when I test in my Quicken Companion apps, transfers between my checking and investment account show a category of "Investment" instead of showing [Account Name].

Are you seeing any error messages for the investment account itself (sample image below)?

If there are no error messages associated with your investment account, then you may want to go into your Quicken desktop program and try resetting the Quicken cloud. You can do this by following these steps (in your Quicken desktop program):

1. Go to Edit Preferences Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

After the reset completes, log out of your mobile app, then log back in again and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Kristina. You said:

>The Quicken Mobile app doesn't support showing transactions or
    documenting transfers to/from investment accounts, which may be
    contributing to the issue you're seeing.

Well this would seem to be the issue then wouldn't it? I have no other errors nor has resetting the Cloud data fixed the issue.

As transferring from my Retirement accounts to Checking is certainly working, I am going to try changing my "Nest Egg NQ" from being a Brokerage account to instead a Retirement account and see if that fixes the problems. I'm not sure though that I even do that—if it means deleting the old and starting anew. I will report-back later.

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Member ✭✭
    edited May 5
    Options

Bah, as I'm working on this I realize I have a much bigger problem with Mobile iOS App, and that is that my future Mortgage payments from Checking do not show-up as future expenses! I have no idea how to fix this; I have the Mortgage Loan selected as a Synced account but while again it works on Quicken for Windows these future items do not show-up in the Mobile App despite that I've reset cloud data.

Any ideas are welcome.

Tom

p.s. I did fix the "payout from nest egg investment account" issue, by creating a new Cash account called Money Transfers, and made two reminders: one to put the Investment Account payouts into "Money Transfers" and another (the next day) to move the $ amount from "Money Transfers" to "Checking". It works. But of course this fix is now moot as the mortgage problem kills my interest entirely in bothering to use the Mobile App.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you found a resolution for the original issue.

For the Mortgage payments issue, is it the reminders for upcoming payments that aren't showing up in the mobile app? When you did the cloud sync, did you get any error messages like the sample message below?

Do your other reminders reflect properly in the mobile app?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Kristina. No, I never get any errors on Cloud Sync—the Auto payments from Checking to my Mortgage loan simply don't show up among the Mobile App's future Reminders as they do in Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Here's what the Reminder looks like in Windows:

The Split is to the [Mortgage Loan] to decrement the principal owed and then interest goes into the Mortgage Interest expense category. I do have the [Mortgage Loan] checked for Mobile Sync.

I've tried changing it from an "Auto" to an "Upcoming" to no help. I've also tried splitting the principal part from [Mortgage Loan] to an Expense category called "Mortgage Principal" but that had no effect either. Yes I did a Cloud Sync in Windows and then a Refresh Data in the Mobile app each time. No joy.

Tom

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I tested in my own Quicken and was able to replicate the issue. I forwarded the issue to the proper channels to be further investigated.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9948)

Quicken Kristina

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Member ✭✭
    Options

That makes me happy Kristina as I thought perhaps there was something wrong with how I had set-up the mortgage loan some ten years ago now. I hope it gets on the "short list" of bugs to be fixed!

Thanks.