Attachment Issues

Options

I have run into a number of issues with attachments.

These problems have been occurring for months in some cases and one very new issue.

1. Newest issue. Pending transaction.
    I like the auto posting of the pending transaction to my Credit Card account. I will update/correct the Category and add to the memo. I then also add the receipt to the attachment column. I then save and the attachment is gone.
    If I attach only, and save, the paperclip is missing, but the attachment is still there and transaction still shows as pending.
    Now update the other fields and save (becomes a "real" transaction), the attachment disappears. So currently it is useless to attach anything to a pending transaction.
    This either should be fixed or blocked.
  2. Missing Paperclip - I see that this has been reported quite a few times. I did try one "solution" to no avail. This was deselecting the column and then reselecting. The "Hidden" attachment is still there but still without the paperclip.
    I also tried Super Validate, again not fixed.
  3. Quicken crashing - Okay this could be Quicken, Windows, or scanner software.
    Occasionally when scanning my receipt I get the Cloud showing the transfer to Quicken, then the cloud goes away, a few seconds later Quicken crashes. Upon reopening, the transaction is still there (if previously saved) but no attachment. This can happen repeatedly. Solution is scan to desktop then Add File.
    Next time I use Quicken, Scan works fine. I can't find any common action that causes this, so frustrating yes, but who do I "yell" at?

Windows 11

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Mark Beckstrom,

For issues 1 & 3, please provide more information. Does this pending transaction issue happen every time you save an attachment to a pending transaction? If not, have you noticed any pattern to when it does and doesn't work? You mentioned that the crashing doesn't happen every time. Have you noticed any other contributing factors or any pattern to when it crashes? Do you recall roughly when the crashing issue started?

For issue 2, this is one of those issues that seems intermittent (it gets fixed, then starts trending again). I recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they have access to tools we on the Community can't access and they can escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.